OPSteve

Will Assateague Stay Open

Rate this topic

57 posts in this topic

Yeah, That's the best and safest way. Call Capt Steve's if there open, should be. Let us know how you make out. Tight lines.

Hmmmm, got my sticker last summer but didn't use it ... didn't put it on the 4Runner.  Then I got laid off, rehired, sprang for a newer 4Runner, and put the sticker on.  I guess I'm good unless they check the paperwork and learn that the current vehicle is 10 years newer ;) 

I friend of mine went down Tuesday and had no issues getting out there. He doesn't have a 4x4, just an National Park Annual Pass. He did notice there were no out of state tags on any of the vehicles. He didn't catch anything. The weather and wind wasn't good.

Posted (edited) · Report post

13 hours ago, Bob fishhead Sproul said:

Hmmmm, got my sticker last summer but didn't use it ... didn't put it on the 4Runner.  Then I got laid off, rehired, sprang for a newer 4Runner, and put the sticker on.  I guess I'm good unless they check the paperwork and learn that the current vehicle is 10 years newer ;) 

Can't you just transfer it without changing the paper work ? I'm kicking myself in the azz right now. I was going to get it renewed in end of Feb, Figured I'd wait till after my operation on 3/12. Now i'm done till they open up again. Tight lines.

Edited by hunter123

Stupid weekends, Saturday is a washout but Sunday looks to be the day with highs in the mid sixty's.  Tags are good so I might have to breakout the full suit and board to get wet after starting a fire, I need some salt water to flush the ol sinuses out.  Depending on what Bucks has I might even paddle a bait out.

Just checked.  AI beach is open for both MD and VA at least for tomorrow and may be the next few days.  Captain Steve does not open everyday or all hours, but if you call ahead, they will open it for you :th:

Posted (edited) · Report post

Here's the nps link:

https://www.nps.gov/planyourvisit/alerts.htm?s=MD&t=Closure&p=1&v=0

scroll down to assateague for details.

Public parking areas, trails and the oversand vehicle zone (permit holders only) remain open.

and, fwiw, ki is open and serving bunker

hope they stay open for the next couple of months!

Edited by Steve Coleman

Md State park closed the Assateague beaches today, imagine the good weather forecast for tomorrow had something to do with it. The Fed osv had forty trucks on Thurs, prob one on one off tomorrow if they keep it open. Be safe, stay home.

29 mins ago, OPSteve said:

They just closed the Fed Park

Thought that was coming. Can’t blame them-this whole situation sucks for everybody especially small businesses but probably a good idea to hunker down as much as possible for a while until the virus spread slows down a lot. Stay safe all.