OPSteve

Will Assateague Stay Open

Rate this topic

59 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, hunter123 said:

No, Sticker would have had to expire in Feb 2020. Read my post. No online, Office is closed. Sticker older than 1 month expiration, you get a ticket.  A.I is a National park, There closed, it's done fro awhile.

My sticker is not expired. It's good till november2020. It's just torn up from removing it from a vehicle I traded in.

13 hours ago, OPSteve said:

Just FYI, I was out there today and the ranger was sitting right at the counter checking everyone out. 

He was very friendly, but was checking us all out. 

Did you see the Ranger turn anyone with an expired permit away?

2 hours ago, Esoxhunter said:

My sticker is not expired. It's good till november2020. It's just torn up from removing it from a vehicle I traded in.

Then you should be good to go.

2 hours ago, Possum said:

Did you see the Ranger turn anyone with an expired permit away?

Please keep me updated!

Lots of stuff shutting down. Ocean City just announced closure of the OC beach and boardwalk to non-residents starting 5PM today until at least April 15.

On 3/22/2020 at 1:39 PM, Beachfish said:

Lots of stuff shutting down. Ocean City just announced closure of the OC beach and boardwalk to non-residents starting 5PM today until at least April 15.

Is that non residents for the city or state?

8 hours ago, BLilly said:

Residents only for Chincoteague as well, everyone else has to get out by noon tomorrow.....

.....and just as the big black drum are starting to show in the surf. Damn.

On 3/23/2020 at 5:00 PM, BLilly said:

Residents only for Chincoteague as well, everyone else has to get out by noon tomorrow.....

Are you saying we cannot fish on the national seashore even with a valid beach driving tag, unless we are Chincoteague resident?

6 hours ago, nano said:

Are you saying we cannot fish on the national seashore even with a valid beach driving tag, unless we are Chincoteague resident?

No, you can still get to AI (as far as I know). You just can't stay anywhere on Chincoteague as the hotels, rental agencies, etc were told not to allow any one to stay.

5 hours ago, BLilly said:

No, you can still get to AI (as far as I know). You just can't stay anywhere on Chincoteague as the hotels, rental agencies, etc were told not to allow any one to stay.

got it.  Thanks.

8 hours ago, nano said:

got it.  Thanks.

You better call Capt Steve's to make sure. All federal parks are closed. A.I. except for a small section that MD owns is a Fed park. They may not allow anyone in. Check first.

7 mins ago, hunter123 said:

You better call Capt Steve's to make sure. All federal parks are closed. A.I. except for a small section that MD owns is a Fed park. They may not allow anyone in. Check first.

I believe AI visitor centers and ranger offices are closed, but beaches are open.  I will check before I go anyway.