OPSteve

Will Assateague Stay Open

Rate this topic

57 posts in this topic

38 mins ago, Possum said:

A fine for not having a permit that is not available makes no sense.

I agree 100%. I really hope you are right. 

Last summer my tag expired while I was out on the beach for a holiday weekend, ranger just told me to renew it when I came in. 

Can't see them wanting to much human interaction right now like writing a ticket.

They are allowing overnight in the bullpen so that is cool, to bad the weather isn't nicer or I would go down.

Posted (edited) · Report post

I have a phone # to call, I wrote down what you had to do in MD mailing in for a sticker. I'll try it tomorrow. I know in VA you have to go there inperson. 

Edited by hunter123

If people show up tearing up the beaches, raising hell, throwing trash and garbage all over...you know, behaving like balloon knots.  Then they'll close it...

On 3/19/2020 at 8:42 AM, SteveZ said:

If people show up tearing up the beaches, raising hell, throwing trash and garbage all over...you know, behaving like balloon knots.  Then they'll close it...

Sounds like the Point in Buxton "back in the day" lol.
Hope you guys are doing ok and that everyone is being careful.

I called the number I have. Talked to a ranger. All office's are closed, MD and VA. Sticker can not be done by mail. You can drive the beach with out a new sticker , only if yours expired   March of 2020. They will be good till April. So like 30 days. Any sticker older than that and you will get a ticket. Mine went out in Dec 2019. I would get a ticket on A.I.. They will be checking. :howdy:

On 3/19/2020 at 8:42 AM, SteveZ said:

Balloon knots....haven’t heard that one in a while! Lol

2 hours ago, MrObo said:

Balloon knots....haven’t heard that one in a while! Lol

I used a less socially acceptable term in my original post.

Just FYI, I was out there today and the ranger was sitting right at the counter checking everyone out. 

He was very friendly, but was checking us all out. 

Well how about this. I have a tag good till end of October this year. I got a new truck so I peeled off the tag before I traded it in. If I tape it on the windshield of my new truck am I still ok? I have different tag numbers now so they won't match the sticker.

Betcha they will say no.

6 hours ago, Esoxhunter said:

Well how about this. I have a tag good till end of October this year. I got a new truck so I peeled off the tag before I traded it in. If I tape it on the windshield of my new truck am I still ok? I have different tag numbers now so they won't match the sticker.

Betcha they will say no.

Years ago I was in the same situation. I traded my car to a bigger one and surrendered few months old sticker. I presented my registration documents and was told to update my records from the computer and they gave me a new sticker.

You got to give em a cute smile, ask help politely, with positive vibes. :) 

The sticker is no problem. I had a broken windshield replaced years ago and was told to peel the old sticker off and bring it to the ranger station and they would give me a new one. It was no problem.

The problem is people are saying the ranger station is not open so I can't get a new one. I doubt my partially torn up sticker that is valid thru October is gonna be accepted by the rangers.

Posted (edited) · Report post

7 hours ago, Esoxhunter said:

Betcha they will say no.

No, Sticker would have had to expire in Feb 2020. Read my post. No online, Office is closed. Sticker older than 1 month expiration, you get a ticket.  A.I is a National park, There closed, it's done fro awhile.

Edited by hunter123