Alferd Packer

The Corona, West Coast version

Rate this topic

24 posts in this topic

The number of cases are going up exponentually because the actual numbers of tests have increased exponentially. 

... But come on, today, after all this craziness, San Francisco announced its FIRST death and of course he had many underlying health issue already. Sounds like a regular flu woulda done him in. 

Here’s the bottom line: I’m glad I’m not in NYC or its environs.

I think shelter in place is working. While we saw a 15% increase in cases today in my county, it wasn’t 25 to 45 or 50% seen elsewhere. So yes, so far, one death in SF. Maybe they are dodging a bullet... Things are not so rosey in the South Bay, or New Orleans, or Italy, or Spain. We don’t want to be them. 

Do I like the intrusion by the state into my daily life/ rights. No! But we need to bring this **** to a halt before we can get back to normal. 

All fishing closed in our state (Washington) until at least 4/8.

I can deal with it if it helps get us through this quicker and back to our normal routines.

SF

This last weekend was ridiculous at the beaches in Pacifica people everywhere disregarding 

the shelter in place order,hundreds of surfers,beachgoers every hanging out,parking lots completely packed likes it's a big friggen vacation, so now all the parking lots are closed as of 12:01am Wednesday morning. Now the people traveling here from out of town will park on the back roads and make their way to the beach until the beaches will be forced to close day and night.  

Please stop being selfish and wanting to use this time to do “extra” activities.  People are out of work, businesses are closed. The more cases we get the longer this will drag on.  The people taking care of the sick have kids that are at home, some really young.  Stress for them is at a all time high. People are all alone fighting this virus, with a ventilator down there throat.  It’s not a pretty scene, and knowing you can potentially die and be all alone and no visitors is horrible.  Please respect the process and let’s not drag on this virus...its not a flu.  

Watch this vid to fully understand it, best short explanation ive seen

14 hours ago, norcalkat said:

Please stop being selfish and wanting to use this time to do “extra” activities.  People are out of work, businesses are closed. The more cases we get the longer this will drag on.  The people taking care of the sick have kids that are at home, some really young.  Stress for them is at a all time high. People are all alone fighting this virus, with a ventilator down there throat.  It’s not a pretty scene, and knowing you can potentially die and be all alone and no visitors is horrible.  Please respect the process and let’s not drag on this virus...its not a flu.  

Watch this vid to fully understand it, best short explanation ive seen

I agree with you brother,my whole family we haven't gone anywhere for six to eight weeks besides going for necessary supplies , medical reasons and will continue to do so until this is over. 

We exercise in the back yard everyday. If everyone followed the rules the curve would be flattened.

All we can do is our part to do the right thing and hope others do the same. Be smart ,stay safe and healthy everyone.

I agree with the last 2 posters. Since there isn't enough testing, I'm assuming a lot more are infected. I am watching deaths more carefully than "confirmed" cases.  We are just going to have to go through more months of a lockdown to flatten the infection curve so that it doesn't overwhelm the medical system.  They are probably going to take away fishing next like Washington.  What scares me right now is that Mexico is doing nothing and they are next door so SoCal will be another epicenter like NY and Mexico is the next Italy. 

LA County closed the beaches this morning. That includes all access paths, sand, and water to within 1000 yards of the beach. Looking at the number of guys in the water at Linda Mar right now, we're not far behind.