Alferd Packer

The Corona, West Coast version

Rate this topic

24 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

So guys. How’s It going?

 

My son is home and is having trouble wrapping his head around the fact that he has school work.

 

Since my clients are home owners my business hasn’t been impacted that severely. But otherwise getting bored! Will probably start fishing this week, whether the fish are there or not!

 

EDIT- Oh ****, shelter in place? Next two weeks? Next 3 weeks? This could pose some problems. Shelter in place includes fishing the beach? Right?

Edited by Alferd Packer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I work in santa clara county and today is my last day at work until April 7th or until further notice.. the 'shelter in place' allows outdoor activities but the 'social distancing' rule does apply.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited) · Report post

Took the little furry children to the dog park.

 

This is what I get

 

34C0CEDD-C071-4CCA-86F9-FD0C35D10B07.jpeg

And just to be clear, I’m ignoring it. 

 

 

Over zealous nitwits.

 

 

Edited by Alferd Packer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited) · Report post

6 mins ago, TedSki said:

Now when someone cramps your space on the beach, you can tell them it's unlawful!

 

Now there’s a silver lining!

Edited by Alferd Packer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Alferd Packer said:

So guys. How’s It going?

 

My son is home and is having trouble wrapping his head around the fact that he has school work.

 

Since my clients are home owners my business hasn’t been impacted that severely. But otherwise getting bored! Will probably start fishing this week, whether the fish are there or not!

 

EDIT- Oh ****, shelter in place? Next two weeks? Next 3 weeks? This could pose some problems. Shelter in place includes fishing the beach? Right?

From what I read you can do outdoor activities.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All schools closed until April 24 statewide.

I don’t have kids but it has really slowed my business with nobody around to meet with and get them to make decisions on orders.

I can’t say I’m not enjoying the downtime a bit though.

Grocery shopping has been interesting up here!

 

I fished both days this weekend and will likely go again later this week.

 

SF

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, D_L said:

From what I read you can do outdoor activities.

Yeah, when I wrote the original post that information hadn’t been rolled out yet. Definitely looking at the tide logs. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 mins ago, Alferd Packer said:

Yeah, when I wrote the original post that information hadn’t been rolled out yet. Definitely looking at the tide logs. 

Nice. Good luck. Doing the same. Got to work from home for a while.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Drove up to Point Reyes area on Sunday pre dawn to get my casting arm ready for striper season. The beach has a 5/8 mile hike in from the small dirt lot and a climb over a 40' sand dune so typically no one at the beach all morning, even in the summer.  There were already 5 cars in the lot. Wasn't really expecting the beach to be better than anywhere else so probably should have moved to a less crowded spot. Figured with 10 miles of fishable beach, social distancing was not a problem. Group of 5 in one area, 2 more 1 mile south, 1 a mile north, and one surfer in the water. No problem.

Found an empty stretch 1/4 mile south of the group of 5 that I could work over with lures.  Figured with the unusually light traffic I could leave at the 10:00am high tide if I didn't get any bites.

No bites so I hiked out at 10:00, passed about a dozen of the typical summertime late afternoon tourist types. I thought this is way busier than normal especially with the stay at home deal.  Maybe a dozen cars parked along the road, probably passed another dozen cars driving into the area as I was driving out. I thought, with this kind of traffic this early and at this time of year, hope they don't close off the area.

Guess what, all gated areas in the Point Reyes National Seashore are locked and the access road to my summertime striper honey hole is restricted.

The takeaway is the state is taking this really serious so you should too. Striper season is coming up quick. Avoid unusually crowded parking areas when fishing is slow or we may be locked out when things get good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Dphfj40 said:

Drove up to Point Reyes area on Sunday pre dawn to get my casting arm ready for striper season. The beach has a 5/8 mile hike in from the small dirt lot and a climb over a 40' sand dune so typically no one at the beach all morning, even in the summer.  There were already 5 cars in the lot. Wasn't really expecting the beach to be better than anywhere else so probably should have moved to a less crowded spot. Figured with 10 miles of fishable beach, social distancing was not a problem. Group of 5 in one area, 2 more 1 mile south, 1 a mile north, and one surfer in the water. No problem.

Found an empty stretch 1/4 mile south of the group of 5 that I could work over with lures.  Figured with the unusually light traffic I could leave at the 10:00am high tide if I didn't get any bites.

No bites so I hiked out at 10:00, passed about a dozen of the typical summertime late afternoon tourist types. I thought this is way busier than normal especially with the stay at home deal.  Maybe a dozen cars parked along the road, probably passed another dozen cars driving into the area as I was driving out. I thought, with this kind of traffic this early and at this time of year, hope they don't close off the area.

Guess what, all gated areas in the Point Reyes National Seashore are locked and the access road to my summertime striper honey hole is restricted.

The takeaway is the state is taking this really serious so you should too. Striper season is coming up quick. Avoid unusually crowded parking areas when fishing is slow or we may be locked out when things get good.

I hear ya and I agree. If we need to sit on our asses for the next couple of weeks, so be it. I’m assuming we’ll see a lot more cases over the next 7-10 days, but hopefully after that the number of cases will start to drop off. Let’s also hope that it won’t be too long after that the state will start easing restrictions. I know this is killing a lot of people financially, I really feel sorry for them. 

 

By the way, welcome aboard. You owe us a Joke!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

6 Cases in my county, 1 death out of those 6, 1 is in a trailer park across the highway from my home, county locked down the entire trailer park/under quarantine orders, sheriff out front monitoring the way in or out. Person infected is being treated in their trailer, makes sense, already semi-quarantined in their trailer and better than eating up a hospital bed at this point and chance infecting others at hospital. Saw in the "news" for what it worth in truth, but had first canine death in China?, so crossing over to pets?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Linesideslayer said:

6 Cases in my county, 1 death out of those 6, 1 is in a trailer park across the highway from my home, county locked down the entire trailer park/under quarantine orders, sheriff out front monitoring the way in or out. Person infected is being treated in their trailer, makes sense, already semi-quarantined in their trailer and better than eating up a hospital bed at this point and chance infecting others at hospital. Saw in the "news" for what it worth in truth, but had first canine death in China?, so crossing back to pets?

Fixed it for ya

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dang it. Pacifica is closing city beach parking effective midnight. Now I can't surf when it's worth suiting up. That's the one I was really worried about.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to register here in order to participate.

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.