CcCstriper89

Possibility of canal closure seems real...

Rate this topic

12 posts in this topic

At this point if nothing changes I could see the ACOE close the canal to Spring fishing given the immense crowds it generates. The stripers Could get the rest many hope for... 

I’m not saying it happened just wouldn’t be surprised if it does. I saw the state of Illinois has begun to close all their state parks... this is getting crazy pretty rapidly.

Canal fishing could probably be considered a gathering over 25 people. Hopefully Corona is under control by May if not we have bigger problems than fishing. 

For what it is worth, and this guy would not lie to me and is in fact a fellow SOL'er, told me that a guy drove.by the RR Bridge statue and said that MMA would not allow fishing inside their gates and that the ACOE would not allow canal fishing at night.

Again   second hand info and I'm not sure who the originator is. Could be nothing.  Just sharing it.

4 mins ago, z-man said:

Canal fishing could probably be considered a gathering over 25 people. Hopefully Corona is under control by May if not we have bigger problems than fishing

shutchomouth...

On 3/16/2020 at 10:21 AM, CcCstriper89 said:

At this point if nothing changes I could see the ACOE close the canal to Spring fishing given the immense crowds it generates. The stripers Could get the rest many hope for... 

What kind of rest will they get if everywhere else along the east coast they are being fished for?  Not to mention boat fishing and the commercial season.

On 3/16/2020 at 10:51 AM, Joe G said:

For what it is worth, and this guy would not lie to me and is in fact a fellow SOL'er, told me that a guy drove.by the RR Bridge statue and said that MMA would not allow fishing inside their gates and that the ACOE would not allow canal fishing at night.

Again   second hand info and I'm not sure who the originator is. Could be nothing.  Just sharing it.

time to break out the camo and night vision goggles then..lol