MassChampionFisherman

Fishing set up help

Rate this topic

19 posts in this topic

On 3/17/2020 at 1:45 PM, SurfFishDan said:

UEHA Graphite TC2 (APS graphite  reel seat and Fuji tip top guide and Tica titanium oxyde ring guides, 24T carbon) I have both 9' models the M rated 1/2-3oz and MH rated 2-6oz and I love them both. I you want to throw 3-4oz lures I'd get the 9' MH. I like this series of Tica rods alot.

What's the real life low end on the MH 2-6oz?  Was thinking I might try this rod for my resurrected Squidder to throw 1-3oz tins.

On 2021-02-18 at 10:17 AM, YakDawg said:

What's the real life low end on the MH 2-6oz?  Was thinking I might try this rod for my resurrected Squidder to throw 1-3oz tins.

It will throw anything, but it is not optimal for anything below 2oz.  The action is pretty fast so it might be difficult and or demanding to master trowing lighter stuff.

Throwing a lighter weight with a long rod .....might need something soft...usually ugly stick surf rods are mushy ,slower than most....makes a good second rod for the truck .....but it's tough finding one rod to throw less than 2 oz and then put 4_5 oz on it plus bait....you can do it ....but is it worth the headache.....some thing will be hindered ....or maxing out the limits of the rod 

This heavy combo is a chunking setup - wait/weight and bait if you will, not made to be a G-Loomis and long cast rig.