Possible state wide close at night from 10pm - 5am

Rate this topic

Goldy

Guess I'll just sleep...…..

"Law enforcement’ is not something sovereign citizens seize from police officers. It is a societal function that citizens delegate to civil police.

In so doing, we do not abdicate our own sovereignty, nor our duties as citizens. Ultimate responsibility is still ours. When those we hire as our “Protectors” are either unwilling or unable to perform that function at the critical moment, there is no law, nor standard, that says we cannot perform it for ourselves"........ John Farnam.

"Gird Your Loins"

1 hour ago, MattieG said:

Personally I think everyone, especially the media is blowing this way, way, way out of proportion. Having said that, it's kinda making me a little nervous, despite I probably not should being. 

Luckily I don't live in a city, and live out sorta in the stix of South Jersey. I guess I'm also lucky I can walk out my back door, and right there is the river to fish.

I'm also stocked with plenty of beer, however I do need some foods. I've been meaning to goto the grocery store today, but being it's the weekend, and these people panicking, I think I'll try shopping later at night when the store is hopefully less packed. 

Weekdays during daytime if you can. Fewer people and at least in my neck of the woods thats when they do most of their shelf restocking.

Pfantum Pfishah

Dinner at the Anchor Inn in Ocean Gate tonight at the bar with my girl because we wont be held hostage by fear and media.  Great meal, and 3/4 full bar and restaurant, which for a Sunday night this time of year is real good. Great to see so many others out despite the craziness.  Not happy to hear Anchorman talk about having to close at 10:00 pm come Tuesday, though. 

They will have to throw me in jail if they put a curfew state wide. Nobody is going to stop me from fishing at night. That being said, New Jersey is the only state that would even think of such a thing. Like said above. That doesn't even make sense.  Hope its a rumor. If I lived in Hoboken, I would be out too. People should stand up to these idiots that make these Nazi regulations.

7 hours ago, outfished1957 said:

They will have to throw me in jail if they put a curfew state wide. Nobody is going to stop me from fishing at night. That being said, New Jersey is the only state that would even think of such a thing. Like said above. That doesn't even make sense.  Hope its a rumor. If I lived in Hoboken, I would be out too. People should stand up to these idiots that make these Nazi regulations.

I want to agree but things could get pretty bad. Just look at Italy...

30 mins ago, SurfCaster01289 said:

I want to agree but things could get pretty bad. Just look at Italy...

Agree with Surfcaster.  I'm not worried or scared for myself, just for those who didn't prepare with basics early on.  They are the ones who freak out and make bad situations worse.  Folks at Sams getting stabbed with wine bottle?  Jeez! 

I think curfew may not be a bad thing and being the only one out on the beach or jetty may not be a good thing.  If you fellas decide to head out at night regardless, make sure you're not alone and bring a buddy; don't be a target.  In my area, I would not go out fishing at night if a curfew was in place as it only gives the hoodlums a reason to test my patience.

Just heard from a food distributor.....Red Bank NJ has told all it's restaurants to shut down.

"Law enforcement’ is not something sovereign citizens seize from police officers. It is a societal function that citizens delegate to civil police.

In so doing, we do not abdicate our own sovereignty, nor our duties as citizens. Ultimate responsibility is still ours. When those we hire as our “Protectors” are either unwilling or unable to perform that function at the critical moment, there is no law, nor standard, that says we cannot perform it for ourselves"........ John Farnam.

"Gird Your Loins"

8 hours ago, outfished1957 said:

New Jersey is not the only state thinking this, others have already done it. Stop comparing precautionary safety measures to mass genocide regulations of the Nazis. Entire countries are shut down because they didn't take these measures. 

1 hour ago, Mr. Bigdeal said:

Just heard from a food distributor.....Red Bank NJ has told all it's restaurants to shut down.

Yeah i got that same call @ 730am...As long as I can still fish, i will be ok