JillJillu

Drive through COVID-19 testing @ Jones Beach

Rate this topic

192 posts in this topic

So. Seems theres plenty of corona testing now. When is cuomo going to remove the testing at the nature preserve that has the entire West End closed? What's his plan?

Guy at the state police booth Sunday in the wee hours said it will likely remain closed for the summer.  I hope he was just talking out his ars ... 

Said he was bored sitting there for 10 hours a night telling people they can't fish.  

Are there any other testing sites that have shut acsess to public lands?

Any at all?  Does it make sense to set up virus testing in a park and close it to the public?

I think no.

2 hours ago, flyfshr60 said:

Guy at the state police booth Sunday in the wee hours said it will likely remain closed for the summer.  I hope he was just talking out his ars ... 

Said he was bored sitting there for 10 hours a night telling people they can't fish.  

No wayyyy, all summer??? Thats crazy. I hope thats not true. 

Totally inconsistent experiences and stories here... I made a stealthy pass this morning at 2 am and there was no one even there, I thought about gunning it around the barricades but could guarantee myself a ticket even with the dash permit.

Started making a U turn and here comes a prius with orange flashers and the guy said the area was closed. 

I asked when it would reopen for fishermen and he said he had no clue.

10 hours ago, the3fishheads said:

Are there any other testing sites that have shut acsess to public lands?

Any at all?  Does it make sense to set up virus testing in a park and close it to the public?

I think no.

Funny you mention, there is a SS fishing pier\park combo that also has drive up testing and they remain open to public with adjusted hours.

I think they feel no remorse because Field 10 is open for fishing 24\7

Problem is that place is so hit or miss and overrun with Googans

26 mins ago, the whack 2 said:

Is the WE2 construction dock area open yet?

Yes

But not for fishing.

36 mins ago, DeepBlue85 said:

Their granting access to the construction dock area ?

I didn't see sign "closed road" like they had before.

But couldn't explore because guy in "orange, came out of nowhere and told us to turn back.

Are they gonna give us back that access, I do not know and, honestly, I do not care for that spot much. Mosquito bites station would be a proper name for dock area.

Rumor has it that all that area will be leased to private company for some kind of storage.

Get 5 feet past the fence at fld 1 below the high tide mark and you will be told to get behind the fence whether your below the high tide mark or not.

Give it a try. 

If you get in on a bike before sunrise u got a shot. No guarantees.