JillJillu

Drive through COVID-19 testing @ Jones Beach

Rate this topic

192 posts in this topic

Does anybody know what hours they will be testing? Maybe we can get in during the evening/night especially since we are paying for a permit for 24hr access.

1 hour ago, Mike24 said:

Does anybody know what hours they will be testing? Maybe we can get in during the evening/night especially since we are paying for a permit for 24hr access.

I hope we can... I literally just bought my night permit a few days ago... 

Permits aren't valid for another 15 days and early April on the South Shore isn't a "slay fest" of fish either.

People buying up ammo and guns ready to go wild west and  y'all acting like primadonnas because 1 spec of shoreline may be closed for the greater good of humanity on long island.

Folks I hate to say it, things are going to get a lot worse to the point that you won't be worried about fishing, you'll be worried about getting car jacked in the dead of night on Ocean Pkwy.

And please don't start chiming in about how you'll go RAMBO on someone if they try.

Fishing is a wonderful distraction from this media mess, however we all need a little perspective here is all I am saying.

On 3/17/2020 at 7:04 PM, baldadonis2002 said:

Permits aren't valid for another 15 days and early April on the South Shore isn't a "slay fest" of fish either.

People buying up ammo and guns ready to go wild west and  y'all acting like primadonnas because 1 spec of shoreline may be closed for the greater good of humanity on long island.

Folks I hate to say it, things are going to get a lot worse to the point that you won't be worried about fishing, you'll be worried about getting car jacked in the dead of night on Ocean Pkwy.

And please don't start chiming in about how you'll go RAMBO on someone if they try.

Fishing is a wonderful distraction from this media mess, however we all need a little perspective here is all I am saying.

No fishing on NY beaches allowed. Hasent happened yet but . Good stuff.

On 3/17/2020 at 2:57 PM, Mike24 said:

Would you really want to be driving around down there? They have tents all set up and signs all over the place telling people to keep their windows up. I know it's so that in case the drivers actually have it they don't spread it but I sure as hell wouldn't want to be driving through west end. I went to get my off road permit today at the administration building and I was shocked how many people were on the board walk. It wasn't like it was packed or anything but it definitely wasn't a ghost town.

10 hours ago, Lost Cause said:

Would you really want to be driving around down there? They have tents all set up and signs all over the place telling people to keep their windows up. I know it's so that in case the drivers actually have it they don't spread it but I sure as hell wouldn't want to be driving through west end. I went to get my off road permit today at the administration building and I was shocked how many people were on the board walk. It wasn't like it was packed or anything but it definitely wasn't a ghost town.

Not worried about driving there, if im gonna get it i will get it from where i work. however, i guess we can use this as an opportunity to explore different places to fish and hope its opened back up for the fall...

On 3/15/2020 at 0:25 AM, Popasilov said:

Yes

And I am sure people in 80's were saying the very same thing, comparing to 60's.

And, looks like, the way fishing is going,  people in 2050's would say same thing

"Fishing Jones is not what used to be 30 years ago"

Right now, I am happy to have a place like that, go down, relax, walk by  water, get my feet and my, old, balls, wet, bread air, throw plugs/bait and maybe catch a fish or two as a bonus.

Maybe  is a key word.

I am afraid, maybe in 20 -30 years people will think that this was a dream.

I am afraid for future generations; they will not have what we had.

No . Not comparing fishing to what it used to be. Comparing accessibility.  Its closed. For pandemic testing. Permanently till further notice.

Bring that **** to Montauk. 

On 3/17/2020 at 7:04 PM, baldadonis2002 said:

I have all the guns and ammo in need already.  The panic buyers are mostly noobs.  

2 hours ago, RL Bucktails said:

I have all the guns and ammo in need already.  The panic buyers are mostly noobs.  

And that's the scary thing, more of these folks are going to get hurt by their panic buying because they won't get the instruction needed, etc.  Or worse it will get stuck in a closet, prolly unsafed and cocked, waiting for kid or a tip-over.  Heaven help these numbnuts!

Scary thing is that there are so many unhappy, trigger ready people around and among us.

Crises like this brings worst out.