JillJillu

Drive through COVID-19 testing @ Jones Beach

Rate this topic

192 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, baldadonis2002 said:

They should have sent the "Sea Robin" enforcement officers... that is all people catch at that garbage can of a jetty.

They should have been enforcing during early may.... the bluefish chit show at every SS inlet and bridge 

On 7/17/2020 at 11:37 AM, baldadonis2002 said:

They should have sent the "Sea Robin" enforcement officers... that is all people catch at that garbage can of a jetty.

Nothing but robins lol it’s funny seeing people catch non stop robins lollll

28 mins ago, carznfish said:

I actually took a friend recently to a SS jetty .... “why would anyone come here its disgusting its like a garbage dump with rocks in it” :laugh:

Truly is disgusting, but gets a lot better when sea robin and short fluke season is over.

i've fished jones for almost 70 years and i fish we2 probably once a week.  it was never closed to fishing or surfing.  there is a warning to keep off the jetty, but for the most part that's ignored by some if not by all.  we2 is currently sea robin heaven, but that too shall pass.  have seen sand sharks, big sk8s and some fluke taken off the beach, and blues from on or near the jetty.

as to the covid testing nonsense @ we2 (yes, nonsense - there is no such medical/scientific thing as a viral infection test, even the noble prize winning inventor of the RT-PCR test afirmed that), the testing at we1 appears to be an on/off thing, still off as of this past sunday.  all the signage sez no recreational facilities are open at the pair of west end beaches, which is a total lie as fishing and surfing have typically always been allowed, and once past the check-in kiosk there are signs for we2 parking lot entry to park for fishing and surfing.

"Allowing us to fish the beaches we pay taxes to maintain" ... statements like that are the results of when we see that our employees think they're our employers, and that WE allow them that measure of control.    

Edited by BeachBob

It was actually closed, like park police officer standing guard closed, for well over a month into the season. It wasn't open for fishing until enough people, including myself, complained.

PCR test detects genetic material. It doesn't necessarily indicate an ACTIVE infection, but when combined with symptoms, it's a pretty obvious diagnosis. 

Why would you bump this thread with such BS?

i didn't realize it was closed at all, but thank you for your efforts to pressure the state to reopen.  back in the 90s i worked with surfrider and others to keep we2 open for both fishing and surfing.  it was a struggle.

not bs ... the RT-PCR (reverse transcription polymerase chain reaction) tests for the appearance of RNA, no more or less.  elevated levels of RNA are due to many reasons, among them is viral particulates, but it can also signify other diseases, infection, physical trauma, mental panic and fear.  before the PCR test inventor, kary millus, died last year he specified his test should not be used to detect viruses.  that the test is acknowledged to be 80% false positive is grounds for its misuse and disuse. 

i should have added; the only reason i mentioned the covid testing thing is that's what shut down all of we 1&2, and that's the real travesty. 

Edited by BeachBob