Drive through COVID-19 testing @ Jones Beach

Rate this topic

JillJillu

7 hours ago, lisurf2 said:

It looks like NYS Parks is not calling the shots on this one, it is the NY Department of Health. Looks like we may need to start calling the Legislators/Politicians,and the Governor's office on this. We lost the spring season, maybe we can salvage the Summer and Fall.

I think you are right Larry. I spent part of the day gathering the contact info for the Dept. Of Health officials and the local State Senate and Assembly representatives (especially those on the Health committees). This does not pass the smell test. There are testing locations all over Long Island that do not have areas cordoned off let alone the amount of mileage being set aside for this location.

More to follow...

Ross 

9 hours ago, LISurfcaster said:

I think you are right Larry. I spent part of the day gathering the contact info for the Dept. Of Health officials and the local State Senate and Assembly representatives (especially those on the Health committees). This does not pass the smell test. There are testing locations all over Long Island that do not have areas cordoned off let alone the amount of mileage being set aside for this location.

More to follow...

Ross 

Exactly, there must be more to it... there are testing sites all around me and I see people walk right past them. There must be another reason why the WE2 is closed. 

They bulldozed an area about the size of a football field next to the CG station before the corona site was put up. Probably more of we2 was bulldozed after closing we2.

Corona sample zone my azz. 

It's a cuomo cover up for his destruction of a naturally preserved area for windmill farm kick backs imho.

Edited by the3fishheads

**** the U.N.

These are some of the signs that were displayed in WE2 in early March, when it was still open to the public, before this Covid hit the fan.AB09B42C-FDB7-49D8-BF31-233A5F35163E.jpeg.c393d0047cd3d9d55b592b4e600c7f4a.jpegA258F0B9-2721-4CD4-9DF0-35326D6EBA79.jpeg.ec9de0e143b10b15e9a09a7b4fff7f1e.jpeg

What I Just read about bulldozing adjacent to the CG Station is totally against what the signs say .....

You don’t destroy nature before preserving it .... perhaps it’s time to notify local news 

:squid:

Edited by theshark516
Kevin, ASC

Just when you thought all was lost...

“We will be opening West End 2 and the work dock area to fisherman beginning tomorrow morning.  They will have 24 hour access as they have in the past.  We are in the process of setting a parking area up on the west side of the West End 2 parking field. “

On 6/13/2020 at 9:52 AM, CWitek said:

(see Cuomo's denial of the Williams pipeline due to various issues, included alleged environmental harm).

Translation

Not enough money offered for scam-bug pockets

:howdy:

Bad day fishing is still much better than good day work.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him had better take a much closer look at the American Indian.
                                                                                     - Henry Ford-

15 hours ago, LISurfcaster said:

Just when you thought all was lost...

“We will be opening West End 2 and the work dock area to fisherman beginning tomorrow morning.  They will have 24 hour access as they have in the past.  We are in the process of setting a parking area up on the west side of the West End 2 parking field. “

WE DID IT BOYS!