Save your casts and your arm

Rate this topic

joefishnj21

I’m in the same boat... Haven’t surf fished since Oct 2018..)physical work for years. Heating and AC installer and landscaping. Every joint hurts but the main problem is two torn tendons in right elbow over 50% torn. Had cortisone but stay away from it unless your really going to rest it or you’ll make it worse. Also had prp injection which helped a little but took a long time. Rest is the best medicine. 

"I honestly hope they close all access to the beach an the ocean dries up and they plant corn in it" Johnny Byrnes

In my middle 60s,played hockey till I was 40,catcher baseball ,way to many miles running,a few car accidents and 31years flipping wrenches does catch up with you .The surf fishing is still easy for me. Learned how to cast conventional a while back and that alone keeps things interesting. Scotch,bourbon,rye,tanqueray and tonic still helps with the aches and pains

I had body aches an felt weird like the onset of getting the flu Monday night. I woke up to rain, and remembered I waded in waist deep water for a couple of hours for the first time in several months last weekend. (&W%$)&HG F #(%^&#^Q# This is JoeFish's fault.

Edited by Sheisty

6 mins ago, Sheisty said:

I had body aches an felt weird like the onset of getting the flu Monday night. I woke up to rain, and remembered I waded in waist deep water for a couple of hours for the first time in several months last weekend. (&W%$)&HG F #(%^&#^Q# This is JoeFish's fault.

Fish smarter not harder. 

"I was a waste of time dumbasses"  Sevenxseventy1

I used to get the something similar.....shooting pain in my elbow to my wrist....like I stuck a hot and ground at each spot and hit the power....The feeling of someone placing  hot coal in your forearm.

(had the same post pitching "injuries"  and all sorts of nagging things from being way too competitive in the sports I played since I could walk through college.

I started rotating  Spinning gear and low pros into each outing...And wow what a difference that made....

All the repetitive motion injuries.....gone....What was an every spring thing...gone.....

The two Totally different motions....seemingly wipe the slate clean.  And you can't be herkyjerky with a long rod and a conventional while plugging....so it's more of a gentle stretch than a jarring motion....Cranking with opposite hands is a bigger bonus.

All that is great...but If FW is hot.....it just now becomes a summer thing instead of a spring thing....I really don't like using spinners in FW.

"Panacheless is no way to go through life"

Tims

17 mins ago, Sheisty said:

Where does it even say I fished. Read smarter, not faster. Don't be a darter.

Don't be a darter..............

words to live by.

I don't even know what that means.

"Panacheless is no way to go through life"

Tims