Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
The BuzzardsBayBruin

2020 Lobster Fishing *Reports*

Rate this topic

64 posts in this topic

9 mins ago, SalmonAndStriper Stalker said:

I zip tie the doors shut. doesnt really stop them but at least I will know it was pulled. the treble hooks embedded every 3 foot increments on the line is to stop them:rav:

I use black cable.... no way to attach any trebles. It’s nice though because fisherman don’t snag on my lines as much

Posted (edited) · Report post

12 hours ago, The BuzzardsBayBruin said:

I use black cable.... no way to attach any trebles. It’s nice though because fisherman don’t snag on my lines as much

I love when they snag my line. more jigs for me. I've been using rope. I could never find the black cable among the weeds. 

Edited by SalmonAndStriper Stalker

1 hour ago, SalmonAndStriper Stalker said:

I love when they snag my line. more jigs for me. I've been using rope. I could never find the black cable among the weeds. 

I agree. It’s a pain to find when the water is high, Even when I know exactly where they are it is a challenge. The modified gaff I use is crucial as are the marker rocks I have laid out 

my Hope is that fisherman are less likely to pull my traps if they get their gear back

21 mins ago, skinnywater said:

Paid $4 lb for lobsters this morning. If they get any cheaper I'm going to reconsider putting my traps in this year..lol 

Haha, it’s because of covid and Chinese New Year over stock I believe 

I still like catching them. More than eating them honestly

55 mins ago, The BuzzardsBayBruin said:

Haha, it’s because of covid and Chinese New Year over stock I believe 

I still like catching them. More than eating them honestly

still like catching them. More than eating them honestly":):)

I enjoy both eating and catching. Also I was just joking I will be putting my traps in like always. I really enjoy pulling them up and seeing what's in there. Last year I had everything from striped bass to winter flounder, etc in my traps. 

1 hour ago, skinnywater said:

I enjoy both eating and catching. Also I was just joking I will be putting my traps in like always. I really enjoy pulling them up and seeing what's in there. Last year I had everything from striped bass to winter flounder, etc in my traps. 

I agree with it is fun to see what is going to be in the traps.I only commercially lobstered  for a couple years but in that time we got some interesting fishes in the traps.Last year we got a 15lb bluefish in one.Lots of bunker made there way into the traps(free bait).My favorite was monk fish,love them.

57 mins ago, bob_G said:

Fisherman's Market, New Bedford, shedders, any size $3.99.

I tried going because that’s a hell of a price.  Line was out the door and down the handicapped ramp.  Too many people in too close a proximity for me.  Lobster is a luxury and was not worth that risk at this point in time.  

NB Market basket had them for $6.99/lb yesterday, where I bought two 2+ pounders.    There was way less of a crowd there believe it or not.