Fishing Toms River Area

Rate this topic

beret

10 hours ago, beret said:

...how about other bordering river towns like Pinebeach, Beachwood,OceanGate,, etc........are licenses need ?? If so what kind and where to purchase..........thanks.

These are the areas that beret asked about. These are the areas that I am talking about.  I have no knowledge of any other town in the world, when it concerns this.

Every town mentioned requires a badge, yes all year Sudsy, we're not talking about ocean bathing beaches . Buy it or take your chance, I don't care. I live here and know what gets enforced and who does what. Any other town has no bearing, and if you've lived in Jersey for more than a year you should know that.

2 hours ago, beret said:

Ben, how much is your Pine Beach pass if you do not mind........

Ten bucks a pop per year, and no, I don't get a resident break. That's what they cost. 

Oh yeah, $25.00 for day boat ramp.

$10.00 for a year parking permit.

Edited by Ben Lippen

No bathing beach, no life guards year round in Island Heights. If you go fish in their boardwalk or pier you must have a beach badge. 

they use the locals to enforce and just as a matter of convenience the local inforcer has badges to sell you on the spot.

never have I seen a ticket issued.

never have I bought a badge, enforcement has bent strong the last few years

Edited by wasy
Kill em and Grill em!

3 mins ago, jerseystriper said:

Wow, this is unbelievable but so jersey believable. A town license to crab and snapper fish? I hope no Monmouth county towns get this idea.  I’d go broke paying red bank/fair haven/Rumson/Middletown/sea bright/Monmouth beach/ocean port/ little silver. Incredible. 

In Island Heights it was never enforced until it became an over run chit hole with the garbage. It’s a wide mixture of fishermen and locals strolling the boards but as usual we are our own worst enemy

Kill em and Grill em!

I kind of want to go fish there now and see what happens.  If true it sounds like the typical NJ BS money grab or lets create a permit to keep out "undesirables" nonsense.  I see nothing listed on the towns website.

Edited by 40shades-of-blue

“All the gods, all the heavens, all the hells, are within you.”

If this is 365 24/7 targeted at fishermen then it's effectively a backdoor fishing license. 

This is something we should fight at the state level and very possibly beat.

Exactly which towns are doing this ? I need a list

I just wanta play everyday despite small nagging injuries --

and go home to a woman who appreciates how full of crap I truly am. ~ Crash Davis

Social Distancing since 1962

18 mins ago, Sudsy said:

If this is 365 24/7 targeted at fishermen

It isn't.

It's targeted at (at least in Pine Beach and Ocean Gate ) anyone using their piers or beaches. It's ben this way all my life. 

Edited by Ben Lippen

15 mins ago, Sudsy said:

If this is 365 24/7 targeted at fishermen then it's effectively a backdoor fishing license. 

This is something we should fight at the state level and very possibly beat.

Exactly which towns are doing this ? I need a list

Sudsy this is the issue we spoke about last year.  Theres also a park in town with signs saying it closes in the evening. I sent you pics of the sign.  They also have picnic benches but the sign says no picnics.  IH doesn't want us in their town.  Anyone questioning if the badge requirement is true I assure you it is fact and will be enforced.  I worked at the local shop nearby and the enforcement officer came in once and read me the riot act saying I was sending customers to IH and told em they didnt need badges.  Which was absolutely not true but I mention to stress how serious they take this matter.  

"I was a waste of time dumbasses"  Sevenxseventy1

I don't know of any town cops patrolling beaches looking for fishermen to hassle. Not saying they won't but I've not seen it. I live in Mays Landing and have fished all of the beaches from Cape May to LBI  and am only bothered after Memorial Day and then only when the lifeguards are present. Circumstances may be different in other areas and it would not surprise me, every town seems to want more money and will think of some creative ways to dislodge it from us.

The beach tags were explained this way to me by a guard: You shouldn't be harassed before Memorial Day since the beaches are not guarded, after that day and until Labor Day if you are on a guarded beach or even a jetty near one you will need a badge to be there but only when the beach is guarded. After the lifeguards go home everything is open until they come back the next day. This was explained to me a few years ago and in that time frame things may have changed but if they have the authorities don't bother me.

such a shame to think that a guy fishing on a beach or jetty should have to pay for the privilege of fishing when joggers, walkers, and their dogs can enjoy the beach at no cost. Then again, it is New Jersey. Get ready for the saltwater license, it's coming, only a matter of time.

17 hours ago, Sudsy said:

I need some clarification on this

Is this 24/7 - 365 or just during the day during the season when lifeguards are present ?