codfish

Coronavirus and spring fishing

Rate this topic

434 posts in this topic

52 mins ago, FoliFish said:

I heard the same about MS Park.  
Duxbury Beach Lots were packed yesterday.  Town/DPD has issued two separate notices over the past week with updated rules and guidelines.  Nobody seemed to be following any of them yesterday.   I will not be surprised when they shut it down As soon as the forecast improves and calls out another sunny day.  

I have seen lots of people fishing but most are 6 feet plus from each other, lets hope.

4 hours ago, FoliFish said:

I heard the same about MS Park.  
Duxbury Beach Lots were packed yesterday.  Town/DPD has issued two separate notices over the past week with updated rules and guidelines.  Nobody seemed to be following any of them yesterday.   I will not be surprised when they shut it down As soon as the forecast improves and calls out another sunny day.  

People had a fire going in one spot and others were grilling on the charcoal grills. No one seemed to care there was a world crisis going on. 

Early last week, The Trustees of Reservations closed Crane Beach in Ipswich to nonresidents.  The beach is open to residents on Friday, Saturday and Sunday.  The beach is closed to all members of the public from Monday through Thursday.  Those who park outside the beach gates will be ticketed and/or towed.

The Trustees also announced the closure of all its outdoor properties statewide through April 7.

Edited by Joe G

2 mins ago, Joe G said:

Early last week, The Trustees of Reservations closed Crane Beach in Ipswich to nonresidents.  The beach is open to residents on Friday, Saturday and Sunday.  The beach is closed to all members of the public from Monday through Thursday.  Those who park outside the beach gates will be ticketed and/or towed.

The Trustees also announced the closure of all its outdoor properties statewide through April 7.

Trustees of the reservation are not a well run organization. Check their Glassdoor dot com. 

31 mins ago, ged said:

Trustees of the reservation are not a well run organization. Check their Glassdoor dot com. 

Yep,  I'm remotely familiar with the organization, some of its folks and its failings.   

That said, they do have colorful beach stickers.    ;)  

Mass Audubon wildlife sanctuaries have temporarily closed all trails (and trailhead parking lots). 

Updated March 23, 2020

It brings us great sadness to inform you that, to support the stay-at-home advisory given by Governor Baker, we will be closing all of Mass Audubon's wildlife sanctuaries and trails to any visitation as of noon on Tuesday, March 24, until further notice.

33 mins ago, bdowning said:

Mass Audubon wildlife sanctuaries have temporarily closed all trails (and trailhead parking lots). 

Updated March 23, 2020

It brings us great sadness to inform you that, to support the stay-at-home advisory given by Governor Baker, we will be closing all of Mass Audubon's wildlife sanctuaries and trails to any visitation as of noon on Tuesday, March 24, until further notice.

Oh boy. I hope this doesn't trigger closings among other agencies.

33 mins ago, bdowning said:

Updated March 23, 2020

And yet Quabbin Park is still open, spotlesly clean as always with benches, picnic tables and trash cans in place (thanks DCR)  The Swift River parking and fishing areas are open along with Peppermill Pond (Camp Cook).  The reservoir is still a little low but the WRA is storing as much water as possible in the Chu and Sudbury resevoirs.

20 hours ago, The Riddler said:

Be very afraid of liberals. They think and truly believe they know what is best for us. 

The same can be said (and likely just as often) for conservatives. Just more fruitless politicizing that has a net result of helping zero people (with the potential of doubling that number.) Of all the things to be "very afraid" of right now, liberals are not in my top 100. 

2 hours ago, Ba Ba Buoy said:

The same can be said (and likely just as often) for conservatives. Just more fruitless politicizing that has a net result of helping zero people (with the potential of doubling that number.) Of all the things to be "very afraid" of right now, liberals are not in my top 100. 

Noted.  Eff them all.