codfish

Coronavirus and spring fishing

Rate this topic

434 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Angler #1 said:

Jason its nice that both can still on the couch together , because as this virus continues to grow ,many couples may well be separated. We are seeing that in our small community here in Sandwich as one half wind up in the hospital and the other home alone. Peace and Prayers my brother that all remains good for you and family  

Thank you-Stay safe Carl!

3 hours ago, influx99 said:

Washington state has banned recreational fishing for at least a couple of weeks.

Lets hope they don't close the boat ramps:) or I might need lessons on the CCC from Bob

5 hours ago, influx99 said:

Washington state has banned recreational fishing for at least a couple of weeks.

good luck finding me,i'll be fishing .

On 3/25/2020 at 7:20 PM, ged said:

Today at “home school” I handled gym and culinary arts with my son

69CF0A47-D706-4663-9E7F-2204189B7C77.jpeg

4B66F250-BFE0-44C6-AA51-F1425CCA049D.jpeg

Kid outdid himself today

2DDFBDE0-96BB-4863-B607-EE296CB8BFE9.jpeg

1 min ago, bdowning said:

How big is that fish?? :eek:

It beat the 2019 gold pin youth brown trout by 2 pounds!

We left immediately for Masswildlife for the certified scale and to enter for the award.  They were closed due to covid19. We found another bait shop that was closed, but let us in for certified weight and affidavit.  

My boga had a more favorable weight, immediately after getting caught. My biggest trout would be food for my sons trout. 

between the virus,all the people off of work fishing the trout hard,and the stripe bass in trouble i decided to go back to where i started which is fresh water large mouth bass,picks,perch,etc..Who knows maybe i can beat my record as well as Walters.

13 hours ago, ged said:

It beat the 2019 gold pin youth brown trout by 2 pounds!

We left immediately for Masswildlife for the certified scale and to enter for the award.  They were closed due to covid19. We found another bait shop that was closed, but let us in for certified weight and affidavit.  

My boga had a more favorable weight, immediately after getting caught. My biggest trout would be food for my sons trout. 

A chip of the old block !!!!!!!!!!!

I went to Myles Standish State Park this afternoon. It’s crazy how many people are out fishing, hiking, etc. Cars were parked everywhere they could possibly fit.  Crazy amounts of people fishing too.  I wouldn’t be surprised if the state shuts the parks down soon. 

10 hours ago, z-man said:

I went to Myles Standish State Park this afternoon. It’s crazy how many people are out fishing, hiking, etc. Cars were parked everywhere they could possibly fit.  Crazy amounts of people fishing too.  I wouldn’t be surprised if the state shuts the parks down soon. 

I heard the same about MS Park.  
Duxbury Beach Lots were packed yesterday.  Town/DPD has issued two separate notices over the past week with updated rules and guidelines.  Nobody seemed to be following any of them yesterday.   I will not be surprised when they shut it down As soon as the forecast improves and calls out another sunny day.