codfish

Coronavirus and spring fishing

Rate this topic

434 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, codfish said:

I told my wife she was over the top about wearing gloves while pumping gas "I was wrong":eek::eek:

Is there a picture of her sniffing her finger after digging deep?  :)

1 hour ago, KujoRasta said:

Has anyone had any issues fishing? 

So far no. With all the kids being home and many people working from home or out of work, I've been seeing more crowds. I've fished more in late March then I usually do, because everything else I do, like going to the gym, is currently closed.

However, April and May will be the big tests. Will Quabbin open on the 3rd Saturday, as is tradition? Will the canal be open to fishing? Will Wachusett be open to fishing?

A co-worker of mine, who lives in Ipswich, told me that she tried jogging her usual route on one of the Trustees properties this morning. A Trustees worker told her to finish her run but the Trustees properties will be closed moving forward. I'm not sure how many Trustees properties contain fishing areas.

2 hours ago, Ba Ba Buoy said:

It is only political in the sense that Trump (a politician)  has taken the reigns as the leader in this battle we are all in. I don't care who is in charge, as long as they know what they are talking about, inspire confidence, and help in any way possible. 

At this point I only consider what Dr. Fauci has to say in these presidential speeches/updates. The president is rambling, fanny patting, spreading false hope, waxing personal anecdotes, making unfulfilled promises, exaggerating, advertising, & sniping at the press and political rivals. I have no confidence in anything he is saying anymore. I feel like I'm being hucked by a used car salesman, I need someone pragmatic, honest, and direct to be in charge, doesn't need to be a politician. 

funny you say you don't want to hear anything political and then go on a rant about the president,lol

Edited by hotfishgirl
spelling error,fat fingers.

2 hours ago, KujoRasta said:

Has anyone had any issues fishing? Has law enforcement been telling people not to fish? Do you see them shutting down boat ramps or parking at park to stop people from launching in kayaks? or fishing from shore.  I want to fish these ponds they have been stocking again just unsure if i will get turned away.  Hopefully this won't be an issue.  Being on a boat is the best social distancing you can do, and usually when fishing ponds most people keep their distance.  I can see not fishing the canal as i hear it can get super crowded (luckily iv never experienced the crowdedness of the canal, always gotten lucky with no crowds).  

Fished this morning. All was fine

2 hours ago, hotfishgirl said:

funny you say you don't want to hear anything political and then go on a rant about the president,lol

This shouldn't be a political problem but so many are making it as such. I would be scrutinizing whoever was in charge in the same manner, politician or not. 

1 min ago, influx99 said:

Washington State has banned recreational fishing for at least a couple of weeks due to "overcrowding."

Here on the cape I've seen more people trout fishing than I ever have in my life.

1 hour ago, jason colby said:

What next...………?

week2.png

Jason its nice that both can still on the couch together , because as this virus continues to grow ,many couples may well be separated. We are seeing that in our small community here in Sandwich as one half wind up in the hospital and the other home alone. Peace and Prayers my brother that all remains good for you and family