The Graveyard Shift

3/29/2020 Fly Tying Event in Hull, MA

Rate this topic

3 posts in this topic

We decided to open this up to any fly tiers who would like to attend.  I am paying the fees for two club members who are under 18 years old that are budding fly tyers and there are limited spots left so if your interested please reach out quickly.  If you are interested you can reach out to the club through our website.  Details below and Joe is a phenomenal teacher I took one of his seminars earlier this year.  If you can attend I highly recommend it.

South Shore Fly Casters is pleased to be offering a special fly tying clinic with Joe Cordeiro. Joe hardly needs an introduction, as his reputation for flat wing style flies is world renown.
5ce027a4-0cf7-4b9b-b5ec-6144d63be9a9.png

Flat Wing Tying Clinic w/ Joe Cordeiro

Joe Cordeiro has offered SSFC members the opportunity to take a deep dive into flat wing fly tying. 10 students will have the chance to learn from Joe on Sun 3/29 from 9am - 4pm

The clinic is $85 per person, materials will be provided as well as lunch. Students only need to bring a vise, tools, and thread.

Get Tickets
eef4cba0-881a-4eb2-8b86-9fdef6bd9700.jpe

Fly Tying is not just a hobby for this man, it is a passion. Joe Cordeiro has been tying flies for over 25 years. The past 10 years focusing on teaching, presenting at shows and marketing salt water flies. Joe has been fishing his entire life growing up near Cape Cod. Fly-fishing has been his main focus for many years. His salt-water fly patterns have been tested in waters for their imitation to the bait they mimic. Many of his patterns are lifelike imitations. The materials used are natural and add to the authenticity of the product. Joe’s style and tying technique have caught the attention and admiration of many seasoned fly tiers and his passion for the art is evident.

The original flat wing pattern was developed by the late Bill Peabody, a well known fly tyer and fisherman from Rhode Island. Joe continues the tradition of tying flat wings with an incredible amount of attention to detail and purpose with each pattern he ties. This tying clinic will focus exclusively on tying flat wing style flies.

Get Tickets
TYING CLINIC DETAILS
333 George Washington Blvd, Hull, MA 02045
Date: Sunday, March 29th
Time: 9:00am to 4:00pm

***Lunch will be provided

Posted (edited) · Report post

8 hours ago, The Fisherman said:

Yes, you have permission to use my photo of Joe. :-)

Sounds like fun. Enjoy!

Steve Culton 

Small world I believe we got that picture from Joe, but its pretty obvious he did not take that picture ;)  Now I know who the "excellent" camera person was

I dont put together our marketing my skills lack something to be desired hence I screwed up format trying to post here.  

Edited by The Graveyard Shift