Gilbey

Bed Cover Options

16 posts in this topic

I have a Ram 2500 with a short bed. I am looking for a bed cover. The main function would be to keep gear dry in bad whether. Security is less of a concern for what I do and where I go. I don't think I want a soft, roll up cover. I also would rather not spend $2000. 

Any advice? 

Alan 

I actually just ordered on.  It is hard roll up cover.  BAK Revolver X4 was 9XX shipped.  I have always had soft roll up covers and they have always worked for me. 

I have a retrax cover on my bed, I like it, and you can lock it up in any position.

My buddy gave it to me, so I don't know what it costs.

retrax.JPG

3 hours ago, Tucker 63 said:

I actually just ordered on.  It is hard roll up cover.  BAK Revolver X4 was 9XX shipped.  I have always had soft roll up covers and they have always worked for me. 

I really like the BAK products.

Both of my trucks have BAK flip  tonneau covers.

Tri fold flip cover, I believe American Tonneau is the mfr. Has cross supports and a weatherproof seal you install on the bed rails, paid 300 for mine...my gear stays in all season, bone dry. Maybe get wet in a hurricane but so far it's noreaster proof! Easy on/off too if you need to haul taller items.

Looks like it has been a couple months since you posted so you may be way down the road on this...

I recommend the G4 Elite Fold-a-Cover.

We have a 2016 F150 Crew with the 6-6 bed and installed that in an afternoon.

Been a good investment, works flawlessly, seals the bed well, and has access at the cab as well as the tailgate.

Lots of accessories available but we got the cover alone. 

Hope this helps. 

I've had both a tonneau cover and a cap on my vehicle and I get way more use out cap.  From hauling wet dogs back from the creek, taking a crew to the golf course, to sleeping in at beach, the caps are pretty ideal in terms of utility for outdoor activities.   Better to put cross bars on for fishing rods, too.

Bakflip MX4-- I've had a number of trucks with various covers for work (construction in NYC/Brooklyn) and this thing is so much better than anuthing else, only thning that would be close is the soft tri-fold. Does take some work to get fully waterproofed, but worth every penny. 

On 8/1/2020 at 10:33 PM, Jayfish said:

Look up exteng hard trifold 

+1 on Extang.   Sold on Amazon.   Hard top.   Won’t keep you 100% dry but it fits the bill for me.