coolhandfluke

anyone not going on vacation because of corona 19

Rate this topic

102 posts in this topic

We haven't made up our minds yet on our Iceland trip yet. Leave on March 15th. She is worried and I told her that it was money spent last November so that has been gone long enough to forget about it. It's not Iceland that worries her it's the plane and the Newark airport and what happens if we get stuck in Iceland. Both on the same page with this one so we will just wait and see. 

If I'm going to get it, I'd rather get it somewhere nice like Italy or Spain instead of New Jersey.  Still planning on going in August.  

2 mins ago, DoorGunner said:

We haven't made up our minds yet on our Iceland trip yet. Leave on March 15th. She is worried and I told her that it was money spent last November so that has been gone long enough to forget about it. It's not Iceland that worries her it's the plane and the Newark airport and what happens if we get stuck in Iceland. Both on the same page with this one so we will just wait and see. 

Ah, that sucks. I know two people who have been there recently and they both loved it. 

10 mins ago, north-shore fisha said:

I'm going to Munich in July.  Not changing plans unless the zombies start marching.

Make sure you visit the Haxnbauer and try the Schweinhaxen.  Best I've had anywhere.

Cabo

I'm supposed to go down to Florida at the end of the month.. I have to say honestly I'm a little antsy about it now

3 cases in RI and a couple in Florida already, fact of the matter is the decision might be made for me by the end of March depending on how hysterical people get  

38 mins ago, MikeMc said:

I am going to Canada the first week of July, unless they close the border. 

Would suck if they closed the border while you were on the wrong side of it 

4 mins ago, RiverRaider said:

Would suck if they closed the border while you were on the wrong side of it 

Ah, that would mean whoever was getting to the cottage after me wouldnt be able to get there, so it wouldnt be so bad. Another few weeks of fishing every day doesn't sound like a bad thing to me.

11 mins ago, Cabo2005 said:

Make sure you visit the Haxnbauer and try the Schweinhaxen.  Best I've had anywhere.

Cabo

Been there a number of times and never went there.  Just looked it up and it's now on the list.  Thanks

9 mins ago, RiverRaider said:

I'm supposed to go down to Florida at the end of the month.. I have to say honestly I'm a little antsy about it now

3 cases in RI and a couple in Florida already, fact of the matter is the decision might be made for me by the end of March depending on how hysterical people get  

Yeah I have to go to FL in a couple of weeks, not happy about that.