UncleJohn

March 2020 Fishing Reports

Rate this topic

516 posts in this topic

Went out at the high today and tried multiple spots for a couple hours. Just downright nasty out. Pretty stiff east wind back bay. fishable, but not ideal. Moco. Skunk. 

13 hours ago, Itsnotsobad said:

First of 2020. Raritan bay on a fresh bunker head, incoming tide. Weather was miserable but this guy made it worth it. 21lbs.

EDA29BCA-A5EF-4E1F-A51A-E2341BA0A167.jpeg

AHA! That fish wasn't caught on bunker! You forgot to take out the infamous Clasp Lure before taking the picture! 

18 mins ago, nam1969 said:

AHA! That fish wasn't caught on bunker! You forgot to take out the infamous Clasp Lure before taking the picture! 

Lol the 2oz rapala clasp, work it like a top water

31 mins ago, nam1969 said:

Clasp Lure? I don't have that, I need to find it asap!

9 hours ago, nam1969 said:

Does that lure come with a wetsuit?

On 3/22/2020 at 10:27 AM, Wampire said:

I drive just under 3 hours One way from PA... is it too risky getting kicked off the beach to consider making a trip? Thanks for anyone who can advise!

not worth it yet my man. hopefully soon we can make it out!

8 hours ago, fishguts430 said:

not worth it yet my man. hopefully soon we can make it out!

Some beaches are closed but thousands of guys fished this weekend and the spots I went to had dozens and dozens of PA/NY guys, so there's that.

10 mins ago, hurricane1091 said:

Some beaches are closed but thousands of guys fished this weekend and the spots I went to had dozens and dozens of PA/NY guys, so there's that.

That's a 100% fact... without a doubt, but good news for the local guys is the cops in some towns are starting to pull people over on the main thoroughfares, so that will end soon

2 hours ago, GeoffT said:

Active night. They loved the 9" Elias shad. My hand hurts, lol

20200329_223912.jpg

20200329_211005.jpg

20200330_081949.jpg

20200329_223720.jpg

What a cow! And yet another fish hits the clasp lure....

Posted (edited) · Report post

I would I would seriously consider not posting so many pics and reports at this time. It only brings more people out and is more likely to cause crowds. I know you don't want to lose access to your spots when big brother shuts things down because of people not obeying social distancing.. enjoy quietly:howdy:

Edited by JimK

1 min ago, JimK said:

I would I would seriously consider not posting so many pics and reports at this time. It only brings more people out and is more likely to cause crowds. I know you don't want to lose access to your spots when big brother shuts things down because of people not obeying social distancing

Nice to see someone understands. I agree strongly with this, I think we’re walking a fine line fishing right now.