UncleJohn

March 2020 Fishing Reports

Rate this topic

516 posts in this topic

34 mins ago, adoboboy said:

Here I am modifying my old ocean kayak scupper pro with DIY outriggers and a motor to make it sea worthy..why didn't I think about just getting a jetski instead?! which would fit in my garage....Nice Fish!

The jet ski is nice. I have it setup about how I want it. A big plus is it’s cheap to operate for the day and you are one of the fastest people in the fleet! 

B7544657-546A-4E05-B1B2-FCE2057A3F2E.jpeg

3 mins ago, Sudsy said:

We used to have a guy, jetskibrian, who posted often (haven't seen him in a long while) was one of the first to do the jet ski thing.

His posts are very worth reading if you're looking to rig a ski

https://www.stripersonline.com/surftalk/profile/30536-jetskibrian/

Thanks Sudsy, I will check his stuff out! I haven’t seen to many others on jet skis. 

Hello fellow fishing fanatics. I see that we have a boaters forum and a kayaking forum. Does anone else fish from a PWC? I have a 16 Ft. fiberglass dory with a 20 HP tiller I have fished Raritan Bay with for years. For the past 4 years now I have been bit by the jet ski bug and decided to combine my 2 favorite water sports. The results have been great. For the past 2 seasons I have found myself doing more fishing from my PWC than the boat. I still get some very strange looks at the boat ramp when they see me launching my SKI complete with cooler rack and rocket launchers but the general open hatred that exists between PWC and boat owners seems to melt a little. The only other person I have ever seen fishing off a PWC is my brother-in-law,Who's PWC I set up for him. If there is any other PWC fisherpersons out there shoot me a reply and we can compare notes.

Thank You

Jim Breese

Tex, If you do a search here you can find many posts about fishing from a ski. I started back around 1999. I have set up a few ski's for my friends and some strangers who grabbed me at the ramp or while out on the water.

Posted (edited) · Report post

When did the fishing report thread turn into a trash dump. Guess nobodies catching anything. Just wasted 10 minute of my life reading all the nonsense.

Edited by outfished1957

Out at popular park in OC and didnt even try. The amount of people out and not fishing is sickening. I cant understand why you would come out here just to walk around. Why not just walk around your property or neighborhood. If i could fish in my backyard i would.

Posted (edited) · Report post

Yeah.  Here is a wider shot

They wouldnt take an sp minnow

FDA925A0-0EBD-4DB5-A38D-01D83A8057F6.jpeg

and they are eating good.  

Edited by Goldy

5 hours ago, Goldy said:

Yeah.  Here is a wider shot

They wouldnt take an sp minnow

FDA925A0-0EBD-4DB5-A38D-01D83A8057F6.jpeg

and they are eating good.  

Wow! Those suckers always creep me out when they follow me on the yak.