UncleJohn

March 2020 Fishing Reports

Rate this topic

516 posts in this topic

Last light activity, had 3 fish aggressively roll on plugs but thats all she wrote for 5 hours. Bait was scattered, water was cold and muddy, and grass on the top of the outgoing was thick. 

7 mins ago, DragonsLax48 said:

Last light activity, had 3 fish aggressively roll on plugs but thats all she wrote for 5 hours. Bait was scattered, water was cold and muddy, and grass on the top of the outgoing was thick. 

You violated PA's shelter in place I see. :-)

20 mins ago, Goldy said:

You violated PA's shelter in place I see. :-)

I was a little surprised to see that NJ has a lot of people out and about compared to PA. This place is a ghost town almost all day long and especially after 8. In NJ there was a normal flow of cars all afternoon and night. NJ clearly isnt taking this quarantine seriously and it shows.

Also wth is with all of the Hasidics? Did they lift the lockdown on New Rochelle? I've never seen so many on the road and they were driving over the speed limit :shock:... In all seriousness it looked something like a mass exodus of jews 

Went out yesterday for the first trip of the year on the jet ski. Fished closed to home and landed 4 keepers in about two hours. Fish were all over but picky. Did set my New PB, no length or weight as she was tired and I wanted her back in the water after the quick pic. Glad she swam away strong to go lay her eggs! Hoping to get out tomorrow. 

DD102067-6AB9-4ECC-970F-2F023A56707C.jpeg

3 hours ago, Tex59 said:

Went out yesterday for the first trip of the year on the jet ski. Fished closed to home and landed 4 keepers in about two hours. Fish were all over but picky. Did set my New PB, no length or weight as she was tired and I wanted her back in the water after the quick pic. Glad she swam away strong to go lay her eggs! Hoping to get out tomorrow. 

Yea Tex!! Get after ‘em

19 hours ago, DragonsLax48 said:

I was a little surprised to see that NJ has a lot of people out and about compared to PA. This place is a ghost town almost all day long and especially after 8. In NJ there was a normal flow of cars all afternoon and night. NJ clearly isnt taking this quarantine seriously and it shows.

Also wth is with all of the Hasidics? Did they lift the lockdown on New Rochelle? I've never seen so many on the road and they were driving over the speed limit :shock:... In all seriousness it looked something like a mass exodus of jews 

this is not meant to be anti-semitic so please do not take it that way. They're also having a big problem in Lakewood and people have been arrested and charged for violating the current laws about large gatherings. It's possible that they think they don't have to follow man's laws if they are not in accordance with God's. Perhaps one of our Jewish Brethren could weigh in here . But I do know that as a Christian I am called to follow man's laws when they do not go against the goodness of God. Sometimes man's laws do not go against what God has said. In Romans 13 - 1 it says this "Let every person be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and those that exist have been instituted by God. "  I think that verse applies here to all of us at this time.

23 mins ago, JimK said:

this is not meant to be anti-semitic so please do not take it that way. They're also having a big problem in Lakewood and people have been arrested and charged for violating the current laws about large gatherings. It's possible that they think they don't have to follow man's laws if they are not in accordance with God's. Perhaps one of our Jewish Brethren could weigh in here . But I do know that as a Christian I am called to follow man's laws when they do not go against the goodness of God. Sometimes man's laws do not go against what God has said. In Romans 13 - 1 it says this "Let every person be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and those that exist have been instituted by God. "  I think that verse applies here to all of us at this time.

Jewish law holds preserving life over most other religious principals. If only people of all religions followed their laws to the word. Not to point fingers, but there are plenty of headlines about conservative mega churches flouting social distancing rules as well. People are more or less the same - don’t like being told to change their ways.

Agreed. I wasn't meant to be pointing fingers I know I certainly am not perfect. Just trying to get some understanding in this confusing time. Thanks for replying. I also believe that Jewish people and Christian people have more in common than they do that is different.

Out the surf. Couple other trucks out as well. Some d-bag walking the beach tried coming to the truck to talk and we had to yell at him to get away smh. 

21 hours ago, DragonsLax48 said:

ENTITLEMENT!!!

Posted (edited) · Report post

16 hours ago, Tex59 said:

Nice Bro

Congrats!!!

I gotta get me one of those Jet skis and rig it up 

Edited by Eeeeels

16 hours ago, Tex59 said:

Whomever took the picture is not the required 6 feet away! I'm reporting you to the Corona Enforcement Unit! BTW, nice fish.

17 hours ago, Tex59 said:

Here I am modifying my old ocean kayak scupper pro with DIY outriggers and a motor to make it sea worthy..why didn't I think about just getting a jetski instead?! which would fit in my garage....Nice Fish!

1 hour ago, nam1969 said:

Whomever took the picture is not the required 6 feet away! I'm reporting you to the Corona Enforcement Unit! BTW, nice fish.

Lol, that would be my wife! I was waiting on someone to say that.