Addicted to tying

Rate this topic

CW Flies

All are great ties but picture #2 and #5 I have a couple questions on. 
Regarding #2. Is that the dubbing that has the rubber legs mixed into it? If it is huge kudos to you for figuring out a use for it. I tried tying nymphs with it and found it was too bulky. Is it in a dubbing brush in this application?

Regarding #5. I can see this being tossed to tailing Reds in Charleston. A step by step would be most excellent. 

International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers

56 mins ago, Linesidesonthefly said:

All are great ties but picture #2 and #5 I have a couple questions on. 
Regarding #2. Is that the dubbing that has the rubber legs mixed into it? If it is huge kudos to you for figuring out a use for it. I tried tying nymphs with it and found it was too bulky. Is it in a dubbing brush in this application?

Regarding #5. I can see this being tossed to tailing Reds in Charleston. A step by step would be most excellent. 

#5 is my bonefish fly. I do it in many colors and I do have a SBS video on it I’ll post. #2 is a redfish crack. The fluffy part is 1” EP tarantula brush. The mini legs are mixed into the brush. I’ll do a video on this one soon.

Those brushes are very nice with the little micro legs. 

The fly at the top what is tied in at the back? is that coyote?

It all looks great cause I am in the middle of getting a couple redfish boxes ready for the spring. It is great to see pics that trigger ideas. 

35 mins ago, Kml said:

Those brushes are very nice with the little micro legs. 

The fly at the top what is tied in at the back? is that coyote?

It all looks great cause I am in the middle of getting a couple redfish boxes ready for the spring. It is great to see pics that trigger ideas. 

That is red fox tail. You could use coyote or Finn raccoon or arctic fox. Fox is the best in my opinion but all work very well 

59 mins ago, rrocco said:

Great flies. Would love to see the steps on one of your crab flies with the merkin type back end.

Those SBS videos are coming. I was suppose to shoot another video this past weekend but got slammed with orders . Eventually i'll do videos for all of these patterns and more. Trying to get 1 out per week. 

1 hour ago, CW Flies said:

Those SBS videos are coming. I was suppose to shoot another video this past weekend but got slammed with orders . Eventually i'll do videos for all of these patterns and more. Trying to get 1 out per week. 

Thanks. Will be looking forward to them.