scoobydoo

NEW DAIWA SALTIGA DELAYED due to Coronavirus

Rate this topic

23 posts in this topic

My friend dropped by with a geary JDM 17 Daiwa Theory ( corroded sideplate bearing)

Trying to find the part number for the bearing on the daiwa japan site (hoping they have the dimensions) I stumbled across an update 

QUESTION IS>>>>

HOW MUCH OF THE NEW SALTIGA IS MADE IN CHINA

My guess is screws, shafts and anodized bits including spools.

saltigadelayCapture.PNG

saltigadelay2.PNG

Edited by scoobydoo

Please not the spool :banghd:

Screws and all small parts should be from China, but Daiwa do have a manufacture plant in Vietnam. May be they will shift their ordering parts from Vietnam.

It might not have anything to do with China. The virus is spreading in Japan and the schools have been shut down nationwide for a month there.

I think scoobdoob is on to something. My suspicions are, that they make it all good on paper, and then close their eyes to the fact that parts - materials come from china, inferior quality intentionally chosen such, even if the shape and form deserve much better.

But that is their way of inbuilt obsolescence, malfunction.

So that something brakes and we must buy more..

Edited by glos

I figured they were going to be delayed, I’m sure the new Stella sizes will be too as I have been eyeing the 6000. Just looking at the pre-order JDM/AUS sites I noticed the dates getting changed silently. 

Edit: Actually I see a certain large website has the 5K SW-C already. Maybe Shimano won’t be effected as bad (as of now**)

Edited by jk20a3

On 29/02/2020 at 2:19 AM, scoobydoo said:

saltigadelayCapture.PNG

saltigadelay2.PNG

Is the date on the message (beginning 'Dear customers') February 25, 1980? Doesn't seem the right date to me. 

4 hours ago, Steg said:

Is the date on the message (beginning 'Dear customers') February 25, 1980? Doesn't seem the right date to me. 

Scooby shopped the email to get them views.

4 hours ago, Steg said:

Man ,they really are behind in production

* (19 March 2020) Surprise! So, almost a month ago Daiwa released this statement saying that the 2020 Saltiga was being delayed due to the outbreak. A couple of weeks ago a Japanese dealer friend told me he was quoted May/June release. Yet yesterday some shops in Japan started receiving their allocated reels, and anglers who booked early started picking them up CLICK.

These are actual production retail reels, not samples. I'm still waiting to hear what exactly happened, but early information indicate that they decided to change the suppliers of some small parts that originally came from China such as springs, spacers, and pins. Anyway, they're out now and hopefully they'll reach export markets on original schedule.

15 hours ago, jk20a3 said:

I saw on Daiwa USA social media they are shipping this week supposedly?

They are, I bought mine about a month ago and received an email saying they will ship tomorrow after being delayed for a month

They are for sale in tackle shops in NZ now. I was told they've been in the country a while but could not be sold before the release date. 

On 2/28/2020 at 8:19 AM, scoobydoo said:

My friend dropped by with a geary JDM 17 Daiwa Theory ( corroded sideplate bearing)

Trying to find the part number for the bearing on the daiwa japan site (hoping they have the dimensions) I stumbled across an update 

QUESTION IS>>>>

HOW MUCH OF THE NEW SALTIGA IS MADE IN CHINA

My guess is screws, shafts and anodized bits including spools.

saltigadelayCapture.PNG

saltigadelay2.PNG

17 theory reel bearing:

●17 theories (3500PE-H, 4000, 4000H)

・BB (10E353) 4x7x2mm
・BB (10E313) 4x7x2.5mm
・BB (10E238) 8x12x3.5
・BB (10E367) 6x10x2.5
・BB (10E263) 9x17x5
・BB (10E211) 6x10x3
・BB (10E349) 8x14x4
・BB (10E238) 8x12x3.5