Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bassboy26g

Teaser Size and Presentation

Rate this topic

5 posts in this topic

When the water is calm is it a good idea to downsize a teasor ?And one more thing ,my friend presents his teaser in front of his plug instead of having it trail behind. Does this have any negative or positive effect on the action of the rig (teasor and plug)?

Thats where it's supposed to go. Kinda like the plug is a bigger fish goin after the smaller fish type of thing. 99.99% of fishermen use it in the manner your buddy does. As far as the calm water issue, I say no. The use of the teaser is to give ya another size bait, just in case the bass are feeding on small stuff. Match the teaser size to the type of small bait that is prevelant at the time. Another example is if there are sandeels around, a regular plug aint gonna get em, but put on a needlefish and sand eel teaser, your in. If all ya got are swimmers, but ya have some sandeel teasers, then your gona get hits as well, with the swimmer being just the weight to get the teaser out there, ya follow? confused.gif

------------------

Baubus5@comcast.net

This weekend I had a situation where the fish were way out there. I took my regular droper rig and substituted a 4 oz. torpedo shaped drail for the usual plug. The droper was a 4" redgill. That bad boy went a mile and I was rewarded with a couple of fish while the guys next to me got zip. Sometimes you have to adjust! smile.gif

------------------

John

Ronkonkoma

LIBBA 440

MSC 791

SOL ?