Opening day March 1st

Rate this topic

adams54

Anyone here heading out March 1st? Normally I wait a few more weeks but :

1. Getting cabin fever and may or may not be a threat to myself or those around me.

2. As you all know I have another little one on the way and need to get all the fishing out of my system.

Pmed a chatty cathy whos name rhymes with "mistress" but apparently they were too cool for school.

Edited by adams54

13 hours ago, adams54 said:

Anyone here heading out March 1st? Normally I wait a few more weeks but :

1. Getting cabin fever and may or may not be a threat to myself or those around me.

2. As you all know I have another little one on the way and need to get all the fishing out of my system.

Pmed a chatty cathy whos name rhymes with "mistress" but apparently they were too cool for school.

:witty:

There's a lot of fishing related things to do this weekend to keep you entertained.  Get over to the Food Fling.  There's always an after party at Bums that follows.  I have a mttg to attend after the FF along with setup for the Berkeley Flea Market but I'll still try and get to Bums at some point later that evening.  Then of course the Flea Market itself is Sunday.  Table fishing for a day and come have some fun.  The weather will be better on Monday anyhow. 

"I was a waste of time dumbasses"  Sevenxseventy1

If you do go out, please let us know how you do. I know you posted a little on my first thread. My son is dying to go out this weekend. He has been watching fishing youtube videos and yesterday asked me if "we could go cat fishing at night" He had me cracking up. He is getting the major itch too. I am trying to decide whether to go for lmb this weekend or try some local river spots for white perch and stripers. I tried winter lmb fishing for the first time this winter a couple times on my own with no success.

Edited by Sevendust111

Water temps are 41 degrees so no real rush to get out there. Saw some folks had luck. I think if the time change were this weekend, I'd be out there with the 60 degree weather after work this week just because, but since that isn't the case - I guess that won't be something to worry about. And of course it's going to be freezing on Saturday. I'll probably just get a jump on some of the outside things that need attention and get that out of the way before things really get going.

Just wanna wish everyone a safe and bountiful 2020 fishing season, I'm a del riv rat by birth so I did a little recon yesterday, heavy dredging between the bridges has dropped the sand levels a couple feet, sounds bad but it leveled the sand out further and has made more nicer fishing spots,we will see. Got some nice bloodies at Green horn sports on RT 49 outside Shiloh and might try that Salem riv this afternoon ,southern breeze should be good..

On 2/29/2020 at 10:44 PM, techrider62 said:

I will be fishing the Delaware river starting tomorrow mourning, probably won't catch anything but I will out like every year.

Zoom in for Delaware R. water temps.  years past I/we would get out there below the Commodore Barry with no luck until water temps got a lot closer to 10C (50F). good luck.  https://www.nodc.noaa.gov/dsdt/cwtg/catl_tmap.html

On 2/28/2020 at 8:33 AM, hurricane1091 said:

Once the weather seems warm, I'll go out. I live near the river and I'll start in March but not much really happens until April. Some tackle shops around me closed so not sure on how to get blood worms right now anyway. 

In the past it has been the liquor stores that has had the bloods, on the NJ side anyway. 

12 mins ago, hurricane1091 said:

Nice fish!

Water temp is 42, which is quite cold. There was a couple of B&T in GloCo that closed, which is where I was getting the bloodworms. There's a corner store near me that has them eventually though, I might need to go in and start talking. 

I don't know coming from the north but Google greenhorn outdoors, it's in Shiloh, I might get in trouble for telling you that..