Fishy4335

Spiderwire Ultracast Invisibraid or Power Pro SS V2?

Rate this topic

12 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

I’m a fan of power pro regular and ssv2 but I feel like the coat of wax they put on the ssv2 needs to get broken in at least 1 or 2 trips. As for invisibraid I’m not a huge fan, I know a lot if people that use it and love it though. 

Edited by BrooklynSurfCaster

26 mins ago, Fishy4335 said:

I noticed to have a new color black 4 Power Pro super slick, would black be good to use okay color? For striper

Assuming your using a leader... The color of your line should make no difference at all... 

Posted (edited) · Report post

Never used the PP you mentioned but used the invisibraid in 30lb on one of my surf reels for a few years.  Never had any issues with it. 

Edited by 40shades-of-blue

I've used both. Actually have PP ssv2 on one reel and invisibraid on another reel. They say the breaking strength of invisibraid is higher than the displayed lbs. Not sure how true it is but I like both and none has given me issues. I prefer invisibraid white in crystal clear water and PP ssv2 for casting distance.

Never had an issue with Invisibraid. I have had issues with the power pro v2 such as fraying and mysterious break offs during casts. I’ve used them both on the same setups too.

Invisibraid is easier to say than power pro super slick V2...that's about the only ting it does better.

Invisibraid is not smooth or slick even....casts meh......other lines outcast both...but pp ss v2 when new and broken in seems to shoot off the spool better.  I love it on conventionals.

It's currently my favorite line for general duty.....overall fishability it does everything well...it's pretty tough, not too limp to cause tip wraps, not too wirey that it doens't behave.......casts great knots stay tight on normal knots...and it cuts clean.

in 2020, in a super smooth braid.... those characteristics are far from guaranteed...