beret

Fish DeHooker PIcs/ aluminum rod

Rate this topic

6 posts in this topic

Guys several weeks back on a thread ,someone posted a do your self "dehooker" that he made from flat piece of aluminum with a "V" cut out of the end. This was designed for deep hook sets on fish and makes hook release easier than digging with pliers. I have used the search function and checked some threads but can not seem to find it.........anyone remember the thread or happen to know who posted it would appreciate letting me know..........thanks all.

Posted (edited) · Report post

5e5705871252b_download(1).png.a4285ac435baacb62218ff21e14d6406.png

I've always kept one of these. It's called a fish hook dis-gorger only costs a few bucks. Great for crappie/lmb it's only 7 inches though..I could see a custom built 1 better for bigger fish

Edited by triumph

3 hours ago, Romer Treece said:

Post #66, good sir!

Romer...........thank you very much.......that is exactly the post I was looking for........very much appreciated and tight lines.....

24 mins ago, beret said:

Romer...........thank you very much.......that is exactly the post I was looking for........very much appreciated and tight lines.....

Glad I could help! I remembered that post from your description and had to do a little searching myself. Tight lines!