Little

What are the good Hitler movies.

Rate this topic

23 posts in this topic

I saw Valkyrie last night.  Ive seen the German one (Hitler realizes Tom Brady was deflating footballs), that was ok.

Whats out there?  Helluva topic.

2 mins ago, Little said:

I saw Valkyrie last night.  Ive seen the German one (Hitler realizes Tom Brady was deflating footballs), that was ok.

Whats out there?  Helluva topic.

I watched that last night too. It was good. 

You can’t beat Inglorious Basterds with a stick either. 

I've never seen a believable Hitler in a movie or TV presentation. 

I don't think it can be done. The cultural difference between Wiemar Germany and 2020 America is so great that I don't think that anyone but a serious scholar can cross it. Mussolini is just as bad, but to American eyes he looks like a bad actor in an Italian opera buffo, how could anyone have taken him seriously? And Hitler? He looks and sounds, now, like the addict he became.

My childhood physician was a war refugee, a Polish Jew studying medicine in France when the Wehrmacht arrived. He went underground and was a member of two different resistance groups, one of which was fiercely anti-semitic. They would have killed him themselves, if they'd realized he was a Jew. He was fluent in German, as were many educated Poles and Polish Jews, as well as French and Polish. The only conversation I remember having with him as a pre-teen was about hearing Hitler on the radio, and he said that Hitler was terrifying, a compelling and powerful speaker. He and my father had long conversations about history. I wish I knew more of what they'd shared.

9 mins ago, Any Luck Buddy said:

Not a movie, but the amazon show The Man in the High Castle may satisfy your fureur fix 

I did nazi that. Anne frankly I think I should.

4 mins ago, Jimichanga said:

I did nazi that. Anne frankly I think I should.

DAMMIT IM SERIOUS!  STOP IT!  What should I watch?

I saw the High Castle, its about nazis, im talking about Hitler as the main character.  

21 mins ago, Little said:

I saw the High Castle, its about nazis, im talking about Hitler as the main character. 

I'm a TCM junkie and have seen dozens of movies about WW ll but I don't think I've ever seen a movie with Hitler as the main character.....Saw "The Desert Fox" the other night, pretty good.