Fishy4335

Is Corona Virus Effecting Shippments of Tsunami Reels?

Rate this topic

23 posts in this topic

A tackle store owner that I have known for a long time usually gives me a percentage off on reels... but he said that he cant on Salt X because he is not sure when he is getting more shipments in due to coron virus?!

Is this BS? Or are shipments of these reels being held back?

I will say "BS". TS usually store more than 3-5 units (small to medium size store) of each reel in their inventories. Doesnt mean if the SaltX sold out, the owner got nothing else to sell.

Anything for a nickel. Will he sell you the reel without your special discount?? Sounds like he will. Pay what he wants for it.

4 hours ago, Fishy4335 said:

A tackle store owner that I have known for a long time usually gives me a percentage off on reels... but he said that he cant on Salt X because he is not sure when he is getting more shipments in due to coron virus?!

Is this BS? Or are shipments of these reels being held back?

2 things..

Tsunami Just started cracking down hard on discounting...... Not sure of the retailer...but they may have gotten snagged in that and used Covid as a convenient / polite way to say no....

But.....

There is some definite truth to what he said....The supply chain has been disrupted....it's not "will covid have an impact"  it already is.   Right now there is no guarantee products will ship on time.

I can't disclose the details that I heard today....but I was shocked to hear a product being delayed specifically due to Covid... let out one of those big ohhhh ****.....ya don't say laughs....

I have several shipments coming from China that have been delayed. Some of my orders haven't shipped in weeks.. two suppliers have gone so far as to use the word "plague" in their explanations to me...

17 hours ago, scoobydoo said:

There is some definite truth to what he said....The supply chain has been disrupted....it's not "will covid have an impact"  it already is.   Right now there is no guarantee products will ship on time.

I'm sure the illness' in China are disrupting everything in the supply chain ... but it has nothing to do with products carrying the virus (not sure if you were inferring that) ... because if that were the case then The CoronaV is a real life zombie-apocalypse vector and we've all had it ... Andromeda Strain? 

Who wants to be the 1st person to jump on a forklift and start unloading an overseas freight container fresh from Asia? Ummmmm.......not me. They'd better call in a haz-mat team and sterilize that thing and sit on it for a 14 day quarantine period before I go near it. I'm sure somebody will say "oh virus doesn't spread like that". Well maybe and maybe not.....its a new virus and not that much is known yet. For the salary of a forklift operator would you take the chance?

The Corona Virus is affecting shipment of MANY products that come out of China from all industries. I’d expect things to get worse before they get better. 

19 hours ago, the3fishheads said:

I remember when AH found 2 pubic hairs in a new stella on break down.

Think I'd rather be sneezed on.

I found one in a curado k ..held in place securely by a screw

LOL