Good lures for the Bayshore?

Rate this topic

Sevendust111

37 mins ago, Sheisty said:

Wading has more to do with timing and location more often than not. Some people fish when they have time no matter the conditions. Sounds like the kid is really into it, best of of luck.

I basically just fish when I have time. However, I don't go to the bayshore unless its during the 4 hours of the highest tide. Go me thinking, what are the best conditions for this area? Here is what I got so far:

1. The 4 hour window of the highest tide

2. Overcast

3. Night (I can't to this with my life schedule)

4. After a storm because it churns up the clams.

What about wind mph/direction etc.? Anything I am missing?

36 mins ago, Sevendust111 said:

I basically just fish when I have time. However, I don't go to the bayshore unless its during the 4 hours of the highest tide. Go me thinking, what are the best conditions for this area? Here is what I got so far:

2. Overcast

Before a storm is good,  The barometer is dropping the fish feel that and put the feed bag on .  During the storm is good too,  my motto is 20 in your face is the place .  Early in the season the water temperature has a lot to do with it ,if you get a few days of sunny weather those mud flats warm up and you’ll catch even in 44° water temps, but it has to be consistent for a few days . if you get the water temperature bouncing up and down a few degrees it’ll shut right down . IMO.

47 mins ago, Sevendust111 said:

2. Overcast

Type "Spring" into the search bar and youll have access to a years worth of reading. Take it all with a grain of sand but you will find patterns and themes that work for most. Pay attention to location of posters to get an idea of where and when

59 mins ago, Sevendust111 said:

2. Overcast

Your asking the wrong person, i'm still trying to figure it all out. I go when I can and figure it out when I get there :laugh: , unless somebody points in the right direction. Generally speaking i'm still in the phase, where I'll move around until I find something, rather than trying to predict where the action will be.

39 mins ago, bayyaker54 said:

Before a storm is good,  The barometer is dropping the fish feel that and put the feed bag on .  During the storm is good too,  my motto is 20 in your face is the place .  Early in the season the water temperature has a lot to do with it ,if you get a few days of sunny weather those mud flats warm up and you’ll catch even in 44° water temps, but it has to be consistent for a few days . if you get the water temperature bouncing up and down a few degrees it’ll shut right down . IMO.

Yea forgot to add that 44 degree thing. Your right about in a storm to. My best day during the fall was that first Friday evening  in Nov when it was unusually cold and real windy. My wife basically never lets me leave the house without my son but since the weather was so bad, I went alone. Even the guy at the bait shop (the one right on the water, not sure if were allow to mention names) was like "Are you sure you wanna go out there" and I was like "you don't understand, I NEVER get to fish alone". Caught two keepers that night. Just so everyone is aware I am c/r only.

Edited by Sevendust111

1 hour ago, DragonsLax48 said:

Type "Spring" into the search bar and youll have access to a years worth of reading. Take it all with a grain of sand but you will find patterns and themes that work for most. Pay attention to location of posters to get an idea of where and when

^this. Searching this site has upped my game substantially. Been doing this since I joined. Endless information. 

Just now, adams54 said:

Good to know. Any idea what they're diving on?

I was literally just getting on to ask this. Had to look up what these even were. 

Anyway everyone keeps stating the retrieval rate should be real slow on lures but I’m having trouble understanding this. If u fish an sp or paddletail super slow then there’s no action on the lure when the current is weak. 

20 mins ago, Sevendust111 said:

I was literally just getting on to ask this. Had to look up what these even were. 

Anyway everyone keeps stating the retrieval rate should be real slow on lures but I’m having trouble understanding this. If u fish an sp or paddletail super slow then there’s no action on the lure when the current is weak. 

Lets just say you dont need a ton of action. A twitch here and there also helps