SJ from the Bay

Fishing pliers for surfcasting

Rate this topic

22 posts in this topic

There's a million threads on this topic, so I suggest you check them out for more info.

My recommendation would be the Penn Bullnose pliers. I got the 8" and love it. Comes with a good holster and has been everything I needed from pliers.

Manley the old standard, cut hooks well, do not cut braid well so I carry cheap stainless scissors . I also carry cheap stainless needlenose . No need to have 200$ pliers on your belt that can't even cut hooks .

1 hour ago, Always_NoFo said:

There's a million threads on this topic, so I suggest you check them out for more info.

My recommendation would be the Penn Bullnose pliers. I got the 8" and love it. Comes with a good holster and has been everything I needed from pliers.

I second the Penn Bullnose. 

Search the forum! There are hundreds of threads about pros and cons of various pliers.  Please..... let's not regurgitate it all again ! It's all been written!

6 mins ago, blackdogfish said:

Search the forum! There are hundreds of threads about pros and cons of various pliers.  Please..... let's not regurgitate it all again ! It's all been written!

684 pages

4 hours ago, ThrowinPlugs said:

Danco premios are really nice for the money, and work especially well when you use them properly.

But wait, what If I have the sudden, overpowering urge to randomly stress test them, and what if they then break, they must be crap........right 

13 hours ago, Sandbar1 said:

But wait, what If I have the sudden, overpowering urge to randomly stress test them, and what if they then break, they must be crap........right 

No idea who you’re referring to :laugh:

22 hours ago, blackdogfish said:

I hear man, I’m in a position where I’m finding stuff on the B/S/T pages and don’t have enough posts to purchase or message.