bob_G

Legalized marijuana a year later

Rate this topic

1,276 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, stifftip said:

I have to ask who where is there a reputable seed company in the USA that I can use a debit card and not be afraid to have it compromise or stolen. I have had this happen before and before I would clone my plants  but I’m thinking about starting again for the fun of growing  so I need a good company   Thanks 

I have been using seedsman for seeds and have been very happy.  They take a credit card.   I used I49 once for seeds, complete garbage.   

Posted (edited)

8 hours ago, jhndoe said:

I have been using seedsman for seeds and have been very happy.  They take a credit card.   I used I49 once for seeds, complete garbage.   

I have been using Seedsman for 8-9 years. When I started using them, seeds were shipped from Europe. At different times Seedsman wouldn’t take credit cards and I went elsewhere. Now they ship from the west coast and take credit cards. I occasionally had issues but they always made good. Recently I had issues with some CDB seeds that were sickly and 3 out of 5 died as seedlings, 2 seeds yielded plants that took a long time to finish flowering. One of those I had to throw out because it took so long to flower, it ended up being late in October with cold wet weather and the buds started to mold. Seedsman replaced the seeds x 2 with other strains. They no longer carried the original strain I had issues with. I give them a rating of 8/10, the best that I have given any of my past seed suppliers, and now they are the only supplier I use. I’m sure there are other good seed suppliers, but in the past I ran into all kinds of issues that I don’t have now with Seedsman. I  have tried getting some of the heritage strains like Maui Wowi or Matanuska Thunderf**k , but the esoteric seed growers seem to spend too much time enjoying their product rather than running their business efficiently.

Edited by fishing bum wannabe

I get my gifts from a guy outside of the system and get twice as much as a dispensary for my money which is huge. 
I will say I’m really sick of named strains. Skittles, Lava Cake, Guava, and dozens of others. I just tell the guy I want the best flower he has on the top shelve. That’s $10 a gram but he gets a lot of cheaper grades ( still pretty good if your a light hitter.

If anyone lives round marshfield I could easily hook you up with the guy thru Signal. Just keep in mind it’s a gift or a donation which is legal for the end user.

later folks

oh yeah. edibles, pre-rolled, wax and shatter are always on the menu with a huge variety to be had!!

On 1/25/2023 at 9:50 AM, planter said:

I get my gifts from a guy outside of the system and get twice as much as a dispensary for my money which is huge. 
I will say I’m really sick of named strains. Skittles, Lava Cake, Guava, and dozens of others. I just tell the guy I want the best flower he has on the top shelve. That’s $10 a gram but he gets a lot of cheaper grades ( still pretty good if your a light hitter.

If anyone lives round marshfield I could easily hook you up with the guy thru Signal. Just keep in mind it’s a gift or a donation which is legal for the end user.

later folks

oh yeah. edibles, pre-rolled, wax and shatter are always on the menu with a huge variety to be had!!

Planter..... As a med patient on the Cape,  I am very curious about Signal. Ill shoot you a DM. 

3 hours ago, Chunkah said:

$150 for ounces of various strains of "small bud" at my local dispensary regularly. Can't get much cheaper than that.

Got an ounce of ACDC for $40 yesterday. Sure, it's a CBD strain, but I use it for my back, so it works for me

Just saw on the news legal weed generated over a billion dollars in Massachusetts. I could have sworn they said in a year but it might have total since the beginning. 

Not sure what percentage the state takes or how it's allocated, but they can probably buy a lot of rock salt with their cut.

Sorry, that was cheap.

Seriously though, that's a lot of cabbage for the state coffers. Seems way more sensible than spending an equal amount to prosecute and incarcerate a bunch of harmless stoners.

On 1/27/2023 at 11:00 PM, mikez2 said:

Just saw on the news legal weed generated over a billion dollars in Massachusetts. I could have sworn they said in a year but it might have total since the beginning. 

Current sales are appx $1B every 8 months. In 2021 the state take was $208M for tax. Last year, my guess is the number comes in around $300M.

On excise tax alone, cannabis has topped alcohol.

vlcsnap-2022-01-21-15h38m52s119-1642797548.png.388174b408e1104b11bb949489ab19c2.png

16 mins ago, rst3 said:

Current sales are appx $1B every 8 months. In 2021 the state take was $208M for tax. Last year, my guess is the number comes in around $300M.

On excise tax alone, cannabis has topped alcohol.

vlcsnap-2022-01-21-15h38m52s119-1642797548.png.388174b408e1104b11bb949489ab19c2.png

This is impressive.  However, I wonder how much cannabis has cut into alcohol sales? IMO package store sales have to be impacted.

38 mins ago, bob_G said:

This is impressive.  However, I wonder how much cannabis has cut into alcohol sales? IMO package store sales have to be impacted.

since i started trying edibles & smoking legal flower my alcohol consumption has gone down a bit. Whenever I go to a dispensery there are always a lot of people there so it wouldn't surprise me if alcohol sales are down in the state.