bob_G

Legalized marijuana a year later

Rate this topic

1,023 posts in this topic

On 4/26/2021 at 3:29 PM, mikez2 said:

Not sure if "reparations" is trolling or not but it would be nice if 40 year old possession charges could be purged from the record. 

Those still show up in a CORI check.

How about all in California that have had jail time and drug charges under Kamila Harris! If you break the law at the time it was against the law its not just forgiven when the law changes.

Ascend, reportedly the largest cannabis dispensary on the East Coast at 16,000 square feet, just opened nearby on Friend Street near North Station.

It's a multi-story brick building, clean modern facade with artful signage.  Nicely done.   Andrea Cabral, former Suffolk County sheriff is a principal with Ascend.  

During my morning walk I saw a two guys in line and chatted with a couple of employees.  Currently they are only allowing in, those who have previously placed on-line orders or who have spoken with a "bud-tender".   

Parking is tight and once Ascend fully opens, I'm sure lines of folks will snake around the block.

4 hours ago, shark lobster said:

How about all in California that have had jail time and drug charges under Kamila Harris! If you break the law at the time it was against the law its not just forgiven when the law changes.

I just said "it would be nice". It's not a burning issue I lose sleep over.

In point of fact, if your record is reasonably clean over all, a really old possession charge is mostly just embarrassing. 

I've been background checked by schools, the state prison system, the DOD and the state. The only time it was an issue was when the state licensure board ran cori checks on all their license holders and compared results to license applications. They found I had checked "no" next to convictions on an application. I had to write a letter explaining that I was just a kid when I got the charge and was under the impression that record was sealed. That was good enough for them.

Posted (edited) · Report post

6 hours ago, shark lobster said:

BTW, just to insert a little bit of fact to your misleading insinuation, Kamala was good at her job as a prosecutor, but very few people went to jail for Marijuana on her watch.

As a politician, she has used her experience as a prosecutor to take a fresh look at Marijuana laws and her views have evolved. 

She now has supported several legalization reform efforts and come out in favor of federal legalization as well as expunging  the records of those with nonviolent weed convictions.

I don't find that inconsistent. Just as ex-addicts often make the best drug counselors, I believe former prosecutors should be very well qualified to reform the costly and repressive weed laws.

From her twit feed;

"The Senate must pass my Marijuana Opportunity Act to legalize marijuana at the federal level and expunge non-violent marijuana-related offenses from the records of the millions who’ve been arrested or incarcerated. Too many lives have been ruined by these regressive policies."

Edited by mikez2

On 4/30/2021 at 11:43 AM, mikez2 said:

BTW, just to insert a little bit of fact to your misleading insinuation, Kamala was good at her job as a prosecutor, but very few people went to jail for Marijuana on her watch.

As a politician, she has used her experience as a prosecutor to take a fresh look at Marijuana laws and her views have evolved. 

She now has supported several legalization reform efforts and come out in favor of federal legalization as well as expunging  the records of those with nonviolent weed convictions.

I don't find that inconsistent. Just as ex-addicts often make the best drug counselors, I believe former prosecutors should be very well qualified to reform the costly and repressive weed laws.

From her twit feed;

"The Senate must pass my Marijuana Opportunity Act to legalize marijuana at the federal level and expunge non-violent marijuana-related offenses from the records of the millions who’ve been arrested or incarcerated. Too many lives have been ruined by these regressive policies."

Putting 1500 pot smokers in jail is far from misleading stop watching cnn and get some real facts about this pos! 

3 hours ago, shark lobster said:

Putting 1500 pot smokers in jail is far from misleading stop watching cnn and get some real facts about this pos! 

She put about 50 in jail as a prosecutor. 

The 1500 number comes from when she was attorney General. She didn't try those cases. 

She didn't "put 1500 pot smokers in jail".

You're blinded by your hate. She has nothing to do with Massachusetts legalization.

Take your hate back to the PG where it belongs. 

On 4/29/2021 at 10:23 PM, bob_G said:

Do you guys do this to increase your yield, or to keep your plants short?

Increases the yields. Also if you are growing near nosey neighbors it helps keep it short and under the fence line if you are worried about that.  Short and wide is the way to go. 

short plants.jpg

On 4/30/2021 at 11:43 AM, mikez2 said:

Personally I find it concerning and a representation of one of many things wrong with career politicians. I believe if she thought being hard on drugs would advance her career today she would still be hard on drugs. How do you put a single person behind bars for a cannabis and justify it? Did she ever believe in what she was doing? If not that is bad, if she did that is bad, maybe worse. It doesn't take a ton of critical thinking to determine that people either selling or smoking weed don't need to be incarcerated. The whole "she was just doing her job" thing doesn't fly for me. That is just my opinion.

5 mins ago, EarningStripes207 said:

Personally I find it concerning and a representation of one of many things wrong with career politicians. I believe if she thought being hard on drugs would advance her career today she would still be hard on drugs. How do you put a single person behind bars for a cannabis and justify it? Did she ever believe in what she was doing? If not that is bad, if she did that is bad, maybe worse. It doesn't take a ton of critical thinking to determine that people either selling or smoking weed don't need to be incarcerated. The whole "she was just doing her job" thing doesn't fly for me. That is just my opinion.

You could say the same for anyone who chooses to be a cop or prosecutor as a career.

For decades cops and prosecutors made their careers on the backs of marijuana-related offenses. 

In their defense, they didn't write the laws. Once in their jobs, they had to work within the confines of the existing system.

Only by becoming a politician does it becomes possible to change the system. 

It would appear she is throwing her support into doing just that.

Federal legalization would be a huge move forward. If for no other reason than it would allow scientific/medical research that is currently severely limited by the federal prohibition. KH has come out in support. 

The bottom line is, a certain segment of the population has an ax to grind against her. It wouldn't matter what she said or did. This is not related to weed in Ma and therefore not worth cluttering this thread. I regret taking the bait from the PG troll. For the sake of this peaceful and non-contentious thread, I hope the haters save their KH hate for the PG forum where it belongs. 

On 5/1/2021 at 7:12 PM, mikez2 said:

The 1500 number comes from when she was attorney General. She didn't try those cases. 

You're blinded by your hate. She has nothing to do with Massachusetts legalization.

Spoken by a true blm snow flake 

On 5/1/2021 at 7:12 PM, mikez2 said:

35 mins ago, shark lobster said:

Spoken by a true blm snow flake 

Guys please,

This is an interesting thread,  let's not politicize it.  We have the  PG forum  for  that.

Thanks 

On 5/2/2021 at 1:54 PM, VitaminDee said:

Increases the yields. Also if you are growing near nosey neighbors it helps keep it short and under the fence line if you are worried about that.  Short and wide is the way to go. 

short plants.jpg

Those are some really nice looking plants.  They use their space well.

Posted (edited) · Report post

Some mystery seeds. Water ban in my town so collected rain water helps a lot.  30gal pots with some super cropping done.

20210517_184943.jpg

Edited by VitaminDee