bob_G

Legalized marijuana a year later

Rate this topic

780 posts in this topic

On 10/23/2020 at 0:09 AM, Vaporizor said:

Seriously,  we have a 4000 sq ft facility that has had no pest issues for years....over 1000 plants no mold or pest problem.  Never wear out outside clothes or shoes into the grow. Never let non employees into the grow.  Have a constant rotation of beneficial insects and stringent cleaning regimens  is how you keep a clean grow. No pesticide or fungicide . No sure why a small artisan grow would have pest issues,  so easy to control. These are common practices in a organic controlled environment.

The last grow I did about a year ago was plagued by powdery mildew. I tried to control it at first but eventually it was on every plant I had. I scrapped everything. It devastated me. First time in 15 years of growing I've ever had a problem.

2 hours ago, Cabo2005 said:

My brother had a very good growing season.  He doesn't even smoke it.  More a hobby.  Grown here in MA.

Pete.jpg.57b5b809a6002f339845d217c5ed14fe.jpg

Cabo

I know a few guys who do that.  They grow it as a hobby, and then barter with it.  Cannabis, the new currency. :laugh:

Just drove past the dispensary in Ayer and saw a guy sitting in the parking lot that looked just like an unmarked cruiser with New Hampshire plates.

I wonder what that's about? I doubt he was a customer.

Maybe it's got something to do with the fact that half the cars in the lot at any given time are NH plates?

2 hours ago, Milky said:

Just drove past the dispensary in Ayer and saw a guy sitting in the parking lot that looked just like an unmarked cruiser with New Hampshire plates.

I wonder what that's about? I doubt he was a customer.

Maybe it's got something to do with the fact that half the cars in the lot at any given time are NH plates?

Who says cops can’t indulge?

1 min ago, MakoMike said:

Who says cops can’t indulge?

Anything is possible. You'd think he wouldn't use his work vehicle. But then again, the number of service trucks and vehicles with company logos on the side suggests people aren't worried about it.

In all honesty I really don't know if it was a cop. Sure looked like a cop car though. And new, not one of those old cruisers sold out of service. 

Regenerating a couple varieties that were especially good. The first vegetative shoots are finally starting to pop out of the buds. In a couple weeks I’ll be taking cuttings and getting the cycle going.

314DDCA2-55C8-4FE4-AF53-9C6EA2361CD2.png

I’ve done clones with good success. But I’ve never tried regeneration. While cloning I have taken cuttings from plants that have just started to flower, and that worked ok. They rooted and reverted to a veg state in about 2 weeks. I think I might try regeneration next spring with plants grown over the winter. I need something to keep me amused over the winter.

Edited by fishing bum wannabe

I’ve done it a number of times at this point, usually when I screw up the labels and realize when it’s too late that the last of a variety is in flower. 

Right when you think it’s not working and the plants going to die is when the shoots start to pop. It’s nerve wracking.

When harvesting, make sure you leave as many lower flowers and leaves as possible and resist the temptation to feed them until they start shooting 

Pretty satisfying when new growth starts emerging from the old buds. It starts slow with a cluster or two but then goes nuts. 

For the outdoor non smoking horticultural nut what is the method of cloning as to get the clones to last thru the winter so they can be started in the spring. If I take cuttings in fall how do you get them to stay barely alive till I can put in my greenhouse in early early spring. Obviously this year is not an option but future consideration. 

1 hour ago, Steel Pulse said:

For the outdoor non smoking horticultural nut what is the method of cloning as to get the clones to last thru the winter so they can be started in the spring. If I take cuttings in fall how do you get them to stay barely alive till I can put in my greenhouse in early early spring. Obviously this year is not an option but future consideration. 

Unfortunately there’s no way to do that with cuttings. Once rooted, you’d really need to be actively growing them all winter for them to stay healthy. Best bet would be to germinate seeds early in the greenhouse or take cuttings in the fall and give them to an indoor grower to work with all winter in exchange for them giving you fresh cuttings in the spring. I’ve done that for people in the past when I was running a large veg room and “collecting” genetics. If it’s a really good variety someone may be willing to do that.

Having grown up in a "martial arts mindset" (I was a practitioner at an early age), I had always shunned drinking, smoking and drugs of any kind. I guess that is just the way I'm programmed. Today I'll have an occasional beer but the "other stuff" is not for me and I'm dismayed as to how people talk about it like it is "normal"....

As a kid, I broke up with a ("pious") girl who believed it when she told me "God put drugs on the earth so people could enjoy them".

I believe: to each their own, but please, keep it away from me! 

Edited by jason colby

crop.jpg.51d7b177693885f63f47ff5e2c79e2b8.jpgwell i finally finished trimming and sorting my 2 plants.Happy with quality and yeild.Funny Jasoni also startedmartial arts at a young age i think i was 6 when i started judo and karate,i went thru 16 years of Catholic education went to a military high school,and starting smoking weed at 13 and at almost 66 don't plan on stopping anytime soon.to each their own

Looks good! If you’re going to be storing those for a while you might want to think about those moisture management packets.. def helps keep things from drying out and preserves the intended flavor.