bob_G

Legalized marijuana a year later

Rate this topic

482 posts in this topic

5 mins ago, Corpslave said:

No this was for street sales.   I do know how long killer bud has been around. My 3 friends/acquaintances have been to federal prison for a huge 400 pound bust for 1.5 years.  I'll post the link if I can find it. 

Your friends go jail for 400lbs of weed. Yet I know several Italian families who put up a couple hundred gallons of powerful homemade wine each year, and thats cool.

Think there's some inequity here?

18 mins ago, Corpslave said:

No this was for street sales.   I do know how long killer bud has been around. My 3 friends/acquaintances have been to federal prison for a huge 400 pound bust for 1.5 years.  I'll post the link if I can find it. 

You made it sound like the street growers were not as good as legal growers. These guys didn't spare anything did they?

25 mins ago, Corpslave said:

Does knowing someone that got busted give you credit for knowing what is available to some people. Can I ask how old you are?  

5 mins ago, b4loran said:

You made it sound like the street growers were not as good as legal growers. These guys didn't spare anything did they?

Like you said earlier things didn't become better once legal just more obtainable. So much easier to walk in and buy whatever you want whenever you want. My homegrown does make some paralyzing cookies for sure

5 mins ago, b4loran said:

Does knowing someone that got busted give you credit for knowing what is available to some people. Can I ask how old you are?  

37 years old with old van hippies from California for parents. I just have been around it for so long I figured I'd chime in just like you.

3 hours ago, bob_G said:

I've still kept in contact with a couple of hippie gals I knew from college. 

Holy crap, you're almost as old as I am :) Stuff today is much more potent that we had when we were kids. Back then it would take a Marlboro size to get me off, today its more like a toothpick.

24 mins ago, Corpslave said:

37 years old with old van hippies from California for parents. I just have been around it for so long I figured I'd chime in just like you.

21 mins ago, MakoMike said:

Holy crap, you're almost as old as I am :) Stuff today is much more potent that we had when we were kids. Back then it would take a Marlboro size to get me off, today its more like a toothpick.

Sheet man, my youngest kid is older than both of you by at least 5 years...………………..

11 mins ago, Corpslave said:

You should know then that this killer weed is not something new. If you were 12 when you started getting involved, that is only 25 years.

7 hours ago, Angler #1 said:

A vote for Bernie Sanders is a vote for Marijuana being legal through out the United States . That is part of his platform 

Any thing they get involved with they fuq up. In my 50 years of smoking, I'll just roll the way I have been.

7 hours ago, zak-striper said:

It's going to happen, not because of Bernie. Too many states have legalized it. It's only a matter of time before it's legalized federally.

Pot is safer than alcohol. Too much tax payer's money has been wasted and too many people have been jailed over the decades because of the war on pot. Legalize it. Regulate it. Tax it. Just like alcohol.

ya buddy..well said

9 hours ago, bob_G said:

It's been slightly more than one year since marijuana was legalized in Ma. I admit, I was a sceptic.  Like alcohol, I was concerned about similar abuses.   But to my eyes thus far it seems to be a non event. 

One thing I have learned is, more people smoke than I ever imagined. Many people I've known, hunted or fished with my entire life, have been smoking marijuana their entire life. I never suspected it.  :laugh:

you'll find theres more of us who do than dont..better than drinking..angry drunks dime a dozen ..angry pot heads highly unlikely ...

1 hour ago, b4loran said:

Street growers don't worry about herbicides, pesticides, pcb's or heavy metals.

53 mins ago, Corpslave said:

I've been smoking for a lot longer than you have been on this planet, or any other.  :D

40 mins ago, b-ware said:

Sheet man, my youngest kid is older than both of you by at least 5 years...………………..

How was it fighting off this dinosaurs?

I have built out or finished off half a dozen grow rooms in this town alone. I was a little surprised by the first one with who it was... Then when I would get a call from someone to build or work on one, I usually knew them and would think, yeah, that makes sense... Getting proper ventilation is a large part of it. A lot of science in it....