bob_G

Legalized marijuana a year later

Rate this topic

479 posts in this topic

4 mins ago, Cabo2005 said:

Just where do you get seeds in MA?  I'd love to grow some.  Would make great Christmas presents for some people I know.

Cabo

There are a couple well known websites if you google seeds; one of the reputable ones is out of the Netherlands. They have been shipping for years just about every strain you can think of. Usually arriving in unmarked mail hidden inside a small trinket. Sometimes they would never arrive due to customs most times they would arrive no problem from what I have seen through people I know.

This is fascinating stuff. Growing up in the 1960s and 70s I never dreamed marijuana would be grown locally like this, nor reach this level of sophistication.

I've still kept in contact with a couple of hippie gals I knew from college. They've been growing for years. They get their seeds from an outfit in CA, and from some growers consortium in VT. This whole underground cottage industry is happening and I know nothing but about it.

10 mins ago, bob_G said:

This is fascinating stuff. Growing up in the 1960s and 70s I never dreamed marijuana would be grown locally like this, nor reach this level of sophistication.

I've still kept in contact with a couple of hippie gals I knew from college. They've been growing for years. They get their seeds from an outfit in CA, and from some growers consortium in VT. This whole underground cottage industry is happening and I know nothing but about it.

Dispensaries sell seeds too but at a higher price, a lot of Seed Banks online sell souvenir packages containing past winners of the Cannabis Cup that are sent unmarked to your door. 

50 mins ago, Cabo2005 said:

Just where do you get seeds in MA?  I'd love to grow some.  Would make great Christmas presents for some people I know.

Cabo

Not sure they are available. I got mine mail order from overseas. Google MSNL. Get feminized.

The law allows an individual over 21 years of age to grow up to six plants in their home. If there are other individuals over 21 years of age living in the residence who wish to grow, the maximum number of plants that may be grown in a residence is 12 plants. The plants must be grown in an area that is equipped with a lock or security device. The plants cannot be visible from a public place without the use of binoculars, aircraft or other optical aids. An individual cannot produce cannabis-based extracts or concentrates at home by means of any liquid or gas, other than alcohol, that has a flashpoint below 100 degrees Fahrenheit.

5 hours ago, b4loran said:

Better product? You got the wrong connection.

Stuff coming from these dispensaries is much better product than you can get from local growers. Guys who have been running grow houses for years will tell you.

10 mins ago, FizzyFish said:

The plants must be grown in an area that is equipped with a lock or security device. The plants cannot be visible from a public place without the use of binoculars, aircraft or other optical aids. 

Man, now those are some regulations that are open to a lot of interpretation. 

So if someone grows plants outdoors, how do you lock or secure them? Grow them in a gorilla cage. :laugh:

4 mins ago, Corpslave said:

Stuff coming from these dispensaries is much better product than you can get from local growers. Guys who have been running grow houses for years will tell you.

Why is that?  Genetically better seeds? Better growing conditions?

19 mins ago, bob_G said:

Man, now those are some regulations that are open to a lot of interpretation. 

So if someone grows plants outdoors, how do you lock or secure them? Grow them in a gorilla cage. :laugh:

Fenced in area with a locking gate or maybe a green house green house.  Personally I would set up a grow room in my basement with odor control so the nosy neighbors won't get their panties bunched up……...

Posted (edited) · Report post

27 mins ago, bob_G said:

When you have a large staff monitoring, maintaining, basically relying on this crop in order to get payed there is much tighter standards.   I know guys that have entire house setups with mushrooms growing along side to produce a certain amount of carbon dioxide to get these plants to where they want.  A grow facility has no expense spared when it comes to air, nutrients,light and everything else involved with growing cannabis. 

Edited by Corpslave

21 mins ago, bob_G said:

Magically when it became legal they started growing it  they were better at it.lol  I don't think he knows how long killer bud has been available before any states were legal. 

2 mins ago, Corpslave said:

When you have a large staff monitoring, maintaining, basically relying on this crop in order to get payed there is much tighter standards.   I know guys that have entire house setups with mushrooms growing along side to produce a certain amount of carbon dioxide to get these plants to where they want.  A grow facility has no expense spared when it comes to air, nutrients,light and everything else involved with growing cannabis. 

These guys are growing for the dispencerys?

11 mins ago, b4loran said:

These guys are growing for the dispencerys?

No this was for street sales.   I do know how long killer bud has been around. My 3 friends/acquaintances have been to federal prison for a huge 400 pound bust for 1.5 years.  I'll post the link if I can find it.