Legalized marijuana a year later

Rate this topic

bob_G

2 mins ago, MakoMike said:

That's what I thought, but then she said she occasionally grows a male plant to get the seeds, so how does one know whether any particular seed will germinate into a male or female plant?

you just grow them out and see what they are.  If you want seeds put a flowering male with a flowering female , or pollinate them yourself. 

" I did my worst, but I did it well "

1 hour ago, FizzyFish said:

you just grow them out and see what they are.  If you want seeds put a flowering male with a flowering female , or pollinate them yourself. 

I don't do sex with plants. :p

====Mako Mike====
Makomania Sportfishing
Pt. Judith, RI

3 hours ago, bob_G said:

When you do that don't you run the risk of having a male plants pollinate the female plants?

i keep the male in another room and place it under a black construction paper.When i start to see yellow pollen on it i shake the plant over the paper and collect the pollen,keep in fridge.Then i just take a paint brush and pollinate a few selected flowers on a female plant.A few flowers is all you need to pollinate to get a bunch of seeds.

5 mins ago, hotfishgirl said:

i keep the male in another room and place it under a black construction paper.When i start to see yellow pollen on it i shake the plant over the paper and collect the pollen,keep in fridge.Then i just take a paint brush and pollinate a few selected flowers on a female plant.A few flowers is all you need to pollinate to get a bunch of seeds.

Thanks for that!

====Mako Mike====
Makomania Sportfishing
Pt. Judith, RI

36 mins ago, hotfishgirl said:

Interesting. Thanks.

The Sultan of Sluggo

Or produce feminized seeds by stressing females in flower to the point of the throwing male flowers to self pollinate.  Any seeds produced by the pollen will be feminized,  seeing that the male flower let was produced by female DNA and the pollen,  therefore any seeds produced from that will be female. Totally different than hermaphrodites 

3 hours ago, Vaporizor said:

Or produce feminized seeds by stressing females in flower to the point of the throwing male flowers to self pollinate.  Any seeds produced by the pollen will be feminized,  seeing that the male flower let was produced by female DNA and the pollen,  therefore any seeds produced from that will be female. Totally different than hermaphrodites 

What is the difference between this and One that goes over to hermaphradite .  I had one plant last year that did something and gave seeds.  I had weeded out all males 

11 hours ago, Kanine Kleenup said:

I don’t think this is accurate... I bet you are throwing away good seeds...luckily you grow your own seeds, so it doesn’t cost you anything. Just what I have been told...

so far i have done 6 grows this way and its been 100 percent.

4 hours ago, Vaporizor said:

Usually the only reason people actually pollinate with males is to stabilize or introduce a new phenotype that is desired. Mostly just for breeding purposes 

mostly to save a crap load of money since seeds are 20.00 and up per seed.I do however make my own kinds to hopefully improve the flower.