bob_G

Legalized marijuana a year later

Rate this topic

627 posts in this topic

On 3/7/2020 at 1:05 PM, Vaporizor said:

I made the plate set , costs 150 in materials, then bought a cheap harbor freight press. In to for about 300 total. Not bad considering who much they charge for the retail 

Thats pretty darn crafty.  Is it true that there is almost zero left in the bud after?

1 hour ago, bdowning said:

Keep in mind that the state collects both a sales tax (6.25%) and an excise tax (10.75%) for recreational MJ. And the town where the dispensary is located can optionally charge  its own tax, up to 3 %. I am assuming, perhaps wrongly, that all these taxes are passed on to consumers. If so, as much as 20% is due to taxes alone. 

But as far as I know, medical MJ is not taxed. 

Medical card = no tax.

Yeah, that 20% tax makes sure there will always be local suppliers. 

Posted (edited) · Report post

12 mins ago, FEW3 said:

Thats pretty darn crafty.  Is it true that there is almost zero left in the bud after?

It press the flower into a very dense puck, depending on how much you squish.  Some people like to press individual buds while I’d rather press 28g per run. A good squish is anything over 20% return. So on a z the return is 5-7g of rosin. You really want the flowers to be around 60-65% moisture/ humidity for best rosin flow.  The puck left behind is usually decarboxulated after the squish and used for making butter

Edited by Vaporizor

1 hour ago, cj7fisherman said:

The best thing about the dispensaries to me is the variety of cannabis to choose from. I'm hoping prices come way down considering you pay more than 2x the amount for comparable smoke from local growers. I've already seen a huge drop off in lines of people since I now have 3 rec dispensaries near me. It seems funny to me that they all sell for the same inflated price as everyone else. I guess they have to so they can support having 15 staff members to open doors and greet people.

20180127_172900.jpg

Can you really tell the difference between strains that have the same amount of the?

just for the hell of it, I went on a MA shop’s website. Those prices were high!

40 mins ago, MakoMike said:

Can you really tell the difference between strains that have the same amount of the?

That sir is a understatement 

1 hour ago, MakoMike said:

1 hour ago, MakoMike said:

I like to try different varieties. I enjoy the different terpenes smells and tastes. Sometimes I go for high thc and other times I may like the look or smell of a plant that isn't as high thc. Options are always nice.

knowing lots of people who grow,there are endless options to the type of weed i smoke,both indoor and outdoor.trading and trying each others crop is fun, there are a number of people itrade  with don't even smoke,they just think its fun to grow.i realy feel sorry for you glos,in the last few years i have lost a good number of close freinds to cancer,and theuse of marijuana help their last days on earth a little easier,

10 mins ago, l.i.fish.in.vt said:

there are a number of people itrade  with don't even smoke,they just think its fun to grow.

This is absolutely true around here. It made no sense to me at first. But, the same can be said for the fisherman who practices catch and release. :why:

Few ,here in Vt a lot of us do things on trade,i do woodwork,i might trade my services for weed of equal value you might do plumbing and trade weed for electrical work,even if you don't smoke,growing good weed has good trade value.

1 hour ago, FEW3 said:

This is absolutely true around here. It made no sense to me at first. But, the same can be said for the fisherman who practices catch and release. :why:

P1040733.JPG

Posted (edited) · Report post

As I was driving to work today I caught a fragment of an interview with Boston Mayor. He was talking about crowds, traffic and encouraged ppl using public transportation. I thought it was about the Parade.

Nope, the first retail store opens today in MA.

https://www.boston25news.com/news/boston-prepped-ready-first-cannabis-retail-stores-grand-opening

Edited by oceanAddict

This is rainbow zittles in flushing stage 1 week , courtesy of the BiL from last night's update....suck not seeing the ladies daily . Have to manage from a distance with pictures and no smell

IMG_13721.jpg

IMG_13781.jpg

IMG_13771.jpg