bob_G

Legalized marijuana a year later

Rate this topic

479 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, b4loran said:

Better product? You got the wrong connection.

maybe not better, but a lot purer/safer.  No pesticides, herbicides, heavy metals. 

3 hours ago, John O' said:

I smell it daily sitting in traffic now, never remember that before.  And the garage where I park for work has a lot of laborers and construction workers sparking up in their cars and trucks before work, that's new as well.  Just an observation, not a condemnation. 

It’s crazy how many people smoke weed while driving now.  Your still not supposed to be driving high. I voted for legalizing it but am now having second thoughts on that decision. People have gotten out of control with it. 

Look at the states that have legalized it . Most if not all are high taxed blue states. They want the $$$$.   Buy legal pay tax buy black market no tax.  Just like gambling legal book pay vig and tax after you lay out the money for your bet. Bet with your bookie no tax and you don’t have to lay out the cash before hand.

3 hours ago, Farflung said:

Mass. has some allowances for home growing (2 plants per adult or something). How many people are taking that opportunity to grow your own? Is the price/quality in the shops low enough to have folks forgo buying it on the streets? Are people worried about it in relationship to buying or owning firearms?

You can have up to 6 Flowering and 6 in vegetation for 1 adult or up to 12 Flowering for 2 Adults and the prices at the shops are ridiculously high for now. 60 for an 1/8 while street prices are 20 for 1/8. The market will flatten out like Colorado and California as long as more shops and growers pop up. For owning firearms you have to give up your medical marijuana card or vice versa to own either one. recreational users can still own firearms. 

2 hours ago, b4loran said:

Better product? You got the wrong connection.

Lol I meant for the majority, who still smoke dry af bud full of seeds and stems. And to be fair what im buying aint cheap, but again thats my choice too. :rav:

9 mins ago, VitaminDee said:

You can have up to 6 Flowering and 6 in vegetation for 1 adult or up to 12 Flowering for 2 Adults and the prices at the shops are ridiculously high for now. 60 for an 1/8 while street prices are 20 for 1/8. The market will flatten out like Colorado and California as long as more shops and growers pop up. For owning firearms you have to give up your medical marijuana card or vice versa to own either one. recreational users can still own firearms. 

So you cant posses a Medical marijuana card and own a firearm?? I didnt know that. How do they enforce it?? And makes sense you can also have 6 plants, a few buddies of mine out west grow some unbelievable stuff in their 'basement'. 

14 mins ago, Irishfire18 said:

Look at the states that have legalized it . Most if not all are high taxed blue states. They want the $$$$.   Buy legal pay tax buy black market no tax.  

NY is still trying to figure out the rec side, but Cuomo has repeatedly said that there will be no home growing allowed.  There is no homegrow available for the med side either, or even flower for that matter.  Clearly a money grab.   Why buy overpriced  1/8s when I can grow pounds on the same dollar. If that's the case, I don't want it to be legal, as 'decriminalized'  still allows the black market and homegrows. I feel that they would be actively  going after the homegrower for tax evasion , instead of just stumbling arcoss some grows.  

24 mins ago, RyanJ_88 said:

So you cant posses a Medical marijuana card and own a firearm?? I didnt know that. How do they enforce it?? And makes sense you can also have 6 plants, a few buddies of mine out west grow some unbelievable stuff in their 'basement'. 

BATF form 4473 (Firearm Transaction Form) question 11e asks about marijuana usage.  

24 mins ago, RyanJ_88 said:

I don't know how they enforce that but i'm pretty sure when they do their background checks everything shows up. In MA with our short window to grow outdoors, you can veg a couple plants all winter long indoors until the weather outside is suitable to throw outside. By the time you have it outside you will have a massive bush that still has to go through its growing phases. Tied down and super cropped, 3 plants can easily yield 3lbs+ trimmed and dried.

43 mins ago, VitaminDee said:

recreational users can still own firearms. 

Not under Federal law. You would have to lie on your forms, which is, in itself a crime.

3 hours ago, Farflung said:

Mass. has some allowances for home growing (2 plants per adult or something). How many people are taking that opportunity to grow your own? Is the price/quality in the shops low enough to have folks forgo buying it on the streets? Are people worried about it in relationship to buying or owning firearms?

Easy to grow and quality is as good as the dispensaries.

Let's put it this way, an $60 investment in the right seeds, and a sunny patch in the yard with just a bit of easily obtainable knowledge will yield you at least the equivalent of $6000 of store bought each year for two years. And no one smokes that much.

;)

10 mins ago, PlumFishing said:

BATF form 4473 (Firearm Transaction Form) question 11e asks about marijuana usage.  

5 mins ago, VitaminDee said:

I don't know how they enforce that but i'm pretty sure when they do their background checks everything shows up. In MA with our short window to grow outdoors, you can veg a couple plants all winter long indoors until the weather outside is suitable to throw outside. By the time you have it outside you will have a massive bush that still has to go through its growing phases. Tied down and super cropped, 3 plants can easily yield 3lbs+ trimmed and dried.

Good info thanks guys! Dee sounds like this aint your first rodeo ;)