bob_G

Legalized marijuana a year later

Rate this topic

627 posts in this topic

Holy ****, my grandmother used to baby sit him. We hunted the same piece of property together in the mid 90s in Ri. I’ll have to look him up thanks bud

7 mins ago, l.i.fish.in.vt said:

the joys of today,no longer smoking 20 dollar ounces of mexican,and drinking bud wiser.now we have 50 dollar 1/8ths and 20 dollar 4packs

Is that what it really costs up there. When I used to buy in CO, it was IIRC $70 for a 1/4. 

15 hours ago, l.i.fish.in.vt said:

well i think its about time to have a SOL harvest fest.we can all get together at the canal this fall test each others bud,and scramble around the rocks to see which is the best.yes this is an interesting thread who would of thought we could openly discuss this even a few years ago.i think as weed becomes legal in more and more states and people are not afraid to talk about it a lot will be learned,maybe both good and bad.here in VT weed and craft beers will be the 2 things that people come to enjoy even more than sking.and like craft beer weed doesn't have to have a high thc level to be considered good just like craft beer doesnt have to have the highest alcohol content.some of the best bud i have had is fairly mello in smell,not pugent as some,i do like sativa as i like to be active when i smoke,never liked the couch potato weed

Canal hash bash. Like back to the 70s. :hippie:

16 hours ago, l.i.fish.in.vt said:

the joys of today,no longer smoking 20 dollar ounces of mexican,and drinking bud wiser.now we have 50 dollar 1/8ths and 20 dollar 4packs

Thats where the dispensaries get you. If you know someone, 1/4 oz is 50$. But, you rarely have knowledge of thc percentages. But I havent seen any bud other than high grade kind available on the " street"

37 mins ago, FEW3 said:

Beautiful 

I made the plate set , costs 150 in materials, then bought a cheap harbor freight press. In to for about 300 total. Not bad considering who much they charge for the retail 

59 mins ago, FEW3 said:

Thats where the dispensaries get you. If you know someone, 1/4 oz is 50$. But, you rarely have knowledge of thc percentages. But I havent seen any bud other than high grade kind available on the " street"

I’m 31. Last time I have seen what we always referred to as “mids” was when I was about 19. You know the garbage Mexican brick style weed filled with seeds and stems. I don’t think you could get that now if you tried haha. I don’t smoke anymore but have plenty of friends that do. 

9 mins ago, CcCstriper89 said:

I’m 31. Last time I have seen what we always referred to as “mids” was when I was about 19. You know the garbage Mexican brick style weed filled with seeds and stems. I don’t think you could get that now if you tried haha. I don’t smoke anymore but have plenty of friends that do. 

don't forget the paraquat .

The chemical, known as “paraquat,” is an herbicide sprayed over marijuana fields in Mexico in the 1970s—with the aid of US money and US-provided helicopters—and over marijuana fields in Georgia in the 1980s under the direction of the Reagan Administration

Wow, a pissing contest over who's weed is the best. Two weeks ago I finished off my street stash and went to a dispensary. I'm satisfied with the flower that I bought. It's a bit stronger than what I had, one hit vs two. I figure that at 2X a week the eighth I got will last about 6 months. I'm 70 and have been using pot on and off since I was 17.

Posted (edited) · Report post

The best thing about the dispensaries to me is the variety of cannabis to choose from. I'm hoping prices come way down considering you pay more than 2x the amount for comparable smoke from local growers. I've already seen a huge drop off in lines of people since I now have 3 rec dispensaries near me. It seems funny to me that they all sell for the same inflated price as everyone else. I guess they have to so they can support having 15 staff members to open doors and greet people.

20180127_172900.jpg

Edited by cj7fisherman

Keep in mind that the state collects both a sales tax (6.25%) and an excise tax (10.75%) for recreational MJ. And the town where the dispensary is located can optionally charge  its own tax, up to 3 %. I am assuming, perhaps wrongly, that all these taxes are passed on to consumers. If so, as much as 20% is due to taxes alone. 

But as far as I know, medical MJ is not taxed.