bob_G

Legalized marijuana a year later

Rate this topic

627 posts in this topic

It's been slightly more than one year since marijuana was legalized in Ma. I admit, I was a sceptic.  Like alcohol, I was concerned about similar abuses.   But to my eyes thus far it seems to be a non event. 

One thing I have learned is, more people smoke than I ever imagined. Many people I've known, hunted or fished with my entire life, have been smoking marijuana their entire life. I never suspected it.  :laugh:

I smell it daily sitting in traffic now, never remember that before.  And the garage where I park for work has a lot of laborers and construction workers sparking up in their cars and trucks before work, that's new as well.  Just an observation, not a condemnation. 

Mass. has some allowances for home growing (2 plants per adult or something). How many people are taking that opportunity to grow your own? Is the price/quality in the shops low enough to have folks forgo buying it on the streets? Are people worried about it in relationship to buying or owning firearms?

22 mins ago, John O' said:

I smell it daily sitting in traffic now, never remember that before.  And the garage where I park for work has a lot of laborers and construction workers sparking up in their cars and trucks before work, that's new as well.  Just an observation, not a condemnation. 

I think people are just going to be more blatant instead of hiding it like they have. I see way too many guys smoking before the shift even with my union crews, and were not legal here in NY:why:

I start my own tomatoes, sunflowers, squash indoors. I buy my supplies at a hydroponic store in Auburn. Large store. It's fairly obvious once you look around the whole store is geared towards growing marijuana,  indoors and out. I got to talking to the people and learned they have three stores in Ma. 

9 mins ago, Farflung said:

Mass. has some allowances for home growing (2 plants per adult or something). How many people are taking that opportunity to grow your own? Is the price/quality in the shops low enough to have folks forgo buying it on the streets? Are people worried about it in relationship to buying or owning firearms?

Mass dispensary prices are expensive, but product is a decent quality. My sister lives in MA and from what I've seen/heard the prices are def higher than what people would charge on the street, but for a better product. I know for at least a few people the edibles and cartridges are more desirable than flower. Haven't heard of too many people growing themselves like is really popular out in CO, but I think their reg is 6 plants per person. 

14 mins ago, RyanJ_88 said:

Mass dispensary prices are expensive, but product is a decent quality. My sister lives in MA and from what I've seen/heard the prices are def higher than what people would charge on the street, but for a better product. I know for at least a few people the edibles and cartridges are more desirable than flower. Haven't heard of too many people growing themselves like is really popular out in CO, but I think their reg is 6 plants per person. 

Better product? You got the wrong connection.

Posted (edited) · Report post

The first recreational store opened here in Provincetown a couple weeks ago.....it’s amazing the people you see going in an out of there......not who I would have expected......looks more like Macy’s clientele 

Edited by catatonic

Posted (edited) · Report post

1 hour ago, Angler #1 said:

Marijuana being legal through out the United States 

It's going to happen, not because of Bernie. Too many states have legalized it. It's only a matter of time before it's legalized federally.

Pot is safer than alcohol. Too much tax payer's money has been wasted and too many people have been jailed over the decades because of the war on pot. Legalize it. Regulate it. Tax it. Just like alcohol.

Edited by zak-striper

2 hours ago, John O' said:

I suspect they were doing it before, and were just much more careful hiding it.