Jim DE

March 2020 Assigned Subject Threads: "Green"

Rate this topic

26 posts in this topic

March 2020 Assigned Subject will be "GREEN". As in previous Assigned Subject threads these pictures should be taken during the Month of March 2020 and not archived pictures.  Please keep in mind our intent to be a family friendly forum when posting your photographs. Anything associated with GREEN pics taken this month will work......... lets see the pic's on this topic!

Went out today on a mantis cocoon hunt. All the thorny vines are shooting sprouts everywhere. I think all they needed was some of my blood as they tore me up trying to reach in to clip off the cocoons.

IMG_3238.JPG.65ff7e3fb374c7a629562ccb19fab686.JPG

A few daffodils exposed to the morning sun and protected by a lot of grass around their base were in full bloom.

IMG_3248.JPG.352f1e2cd3980a96e6ae8de73187b63d.JPG

IMG_3236.JPG.31e7078aef3ac9acf61d27091abc1f9d.JPG 

8 hours ago, mike NJ said:

Those are nice Mike. You use all those millions of flies that you tie, or do you hoard them like I hoard fishing lures?  ;)

I don't tie to hoard . These I tied in part of book of salmon flies with a section of unnamed guide patterns . There were 30 in all . I tied them on off set hooks for the sole reason a lot people use them. These will see use on the Penobscot river as soon as it rebounds and reopens . I actually been wanting to tie all of these in full since the mid 70's anyway . I'll kinda try to repost a quick pictorial in the 2020 random images here . 

Well it's the best I could drum up had snow on the ground the other day . All the green in the plants look like they're fed up and tired . This fence is a little tired too a few weeks that'l change the fence probably not .

P3270116.JPG