LockedDrag

Custom order plugs

Rate this topic

9 posts in this topic

It got me wondering. I know some builders will make you custom colors you want but has anyone ever tried to see if they can make you a custom length as well? Or do you have to pick from the size selection they have for the most part? 

14 mins ago, LockedDrag said:

It got me wondering. I know some builders will make you custom colors you want but has anyone ever tried to see if they can make you a custom length as well? Or do you have to pick from the size selection they have for the most part? 

I'm sure that some of them will do you a request on a larger size than they normally have,heck,it may become something big and popular.

one just has to ask the builder.

HH

To have a builder make something "brand new" (which is almost what it would be, given all of the design and testing that goes into a plug, *even* if it's a different size of something that they've already nailed) seems unlikely to me.

Having said that, almost all of the builders that I know (to one extent or another) are constantly testing variations of their "tried and true" offerings.  (E.g., Bill Couch (CCW) has been testing some larger/deeper-swimming pikies for a couple of seasons and is just releasing them now.)

I agree with @Heavy Hooksetter that there's little to lose by asking them directly, which might be easiest via their FB pages.  FWIW, I'd first ask them if they have any plans to bring an <X"> or <Z oz.> version of their golly-gee-whiz plug to the next show, because all of the builders are slammed right now building for show season.

3 hours ago, Kima said:

I'll make you a couple, whatcha want?

Been looking for metal lips that stay on the surface for the most part. Something 10-12” BI green and yellow

7 hours ago, LockedDrag said:

Been looking for metal lips that stay on the surface for the most part. Something 10-12” BI green and yellow

Easy peasy. See you in the spring.