planter

Party Boats and Fishing Ft. Lauderdale/Miami

Rate this topic

6 posts in this topic

Well I'm back where I was brought up "Really the Grove and Cables. Let's say I haven't been back here since the ole Rickenbacker Causeway was a great spot to fish but I have no idea if it still is. It would really be great if someone could spot burn a couple spots for me and the old man I brought with me we would be grateful and I won't be back for another 20 years. Maybe access to some of the smaller canals cause I have never caught even one peacock bass.

Hook a brother up guys. Somewhere decent to fish from shore and if there are any party boats that offer night trips.

I know I'm pushing my luck but how is the yaking at Whiskey something or Oleta. Looks like there in state parks but are close by. Kayaking.. Is anyone able to recommend a place where a manatee or dolphins might be seen.

What about fish Lauderdale beach at night this time of year. Cana nyone recommend any baits or techniques that might help. 

No worries if your hesitant to provide any helpful info. Ki

Thanks so much guys

Posted (edited) · Report post

My kid and I used to do a 6-pack boat out of Jupiter, the Country Club. Nice folks. Saw manatee while fishing further up the river by the dam, but never had much luck shore fishing even with mullet all around.  Fresh kayaking you can launch at Loxahatchee on Lee rd, never fished there but paddled the really cool kayak trail. Lots of people fishing round there though. Our best fishing was LMB in the little ponds around my folks condo and the golf course there. That's where my avatar pic was. Caught some cichlids but none very big.

Saw both dolphin & manatee while kayaking over on the gulf side at Chokoloskee bay. Landed my only keeper red only to have the MF flop out of the boat!

Edited by gellfex

Sorry can’t help you with all of that but one thing. For manatees this time of year you’d have to go to a warm water outflow around a power plant. Waters are otherwise cold for their likings. It is surprising to say but manatees do not have a lot of fat so water once it reaches 65+-, they look for warmer locations. Colder water will kill them.

I go down to that area about twice a year. Usually try and get out on the lady Pamela 2 out of Hollywood beach. They do 3 trips a day and are a reasonable price. Nice crew and usually don’t mind if you want to throw lures instead of bottom fish.

Small distance north of there is the Starlight 101 out of Pompano beach at Hillsboro Inlet . Big comfortable boat run by a Jersey family.

Book on the website and enter discount code.

There is also a fleet of 6 pack boats at that marina as well. 

Good luck!

I've fished on the Kelley Fleet out of Haulover.  Nice people with the exception of some regulars who try to hog the stern of whatever boat they go out of.  They need to learn not to touch other peoples gear but the crew has always been great.