Narcan - good or bad?

Rate this topic

makomakoman

It's a good thing. Shame there isn't an Alcan. You have 30 min. Ems doesn't get there by then, bye bye if it was in fact a real OD. It could have been just some good ****. Frequently upon having narcan begin to work recipients have been known to boot up again because they aren't buzzed. That's why you ALWAYS call 911 in that situation and wait until they arrive. 

"You must never confuse faith that you will prevail in the end -- which you can never afford to loose -- with the discipline to confront the most brutal facts of your current reality, whatever they may be .."

Just now, John O' said:

My daughter's boyfriend is a Boston firefighter and they use it all the time - he said it's amazing how violent they get when they come out of the stupor realizing they were robbed of their high. 

never knew that part.  That is crazy

RIP Innis - April 9th 2012 - you always be in my heart. :)

4 mins ago, makomakoman said:

never knew that part.  That is crazy

Yup, so close to death and being that pissed off because they are probably going to be admitted and no chance of getting any more dope until they get out shows what a grip this stuff has on people. 

"ALL THE BEST!"

15 mins ago, Brother Brian said:

It's a good thing. Shame there isn't an Alcan. You have 30 min. Ems doesn't get there by then, bye bye if it was in fact a real OD. It could have been just some good ****. Frequently upon having narcan begin to work recipients have been known to boot up again because they aren't buzzed. That's why you ALWAYS call 911 in that situation and wait until they arrive. 

11 mins ago, John O' said:

My daughter's boyfriend is a Boston firefighter and they use it all the time - he said it's amazing how violent they get when they come out of the stupor realizing they were robbed of their high. 

I was just about to say that. We’d keep an O2 bottle in hand when pushing it. Had to use it once. They get pissed when you save their life. I mean, steal their high. Because they weren’t on the ledge of the great beyond or anything. 

How far is too far when we look at fighting natural selection? 

Used to give it out like candy at the FD I worked at before in MD. Always had frequent flyers the worse was multiple people in the same car or same location. Had about every reaction imaginable when they start breathing again. Few aggressive enough the cops had to step in, a few that shot up into a seated position from laying down you would of thought they broke their backs. My favorite reaction has to be when the denial. They’ll deny they OD’d or use until they’re blue in the face.  A lot of the times though they end up signing refusals and never going to the hospital. All in all I’m indifferent on Narcan it does work well. Think the real issue is Doctors being able to hand out opioid prescriptions like it’s going out of style. 

28 mins ago, ne_dan said:

Neighbors son is a fire fighter, the stories about reviving the same person multiple times in a day you'd think they start some sort of mandatory rehab.  Never mind the waste of time it creates for the FD and hospitals. 

Yeah, it used to be called jail. 

"You must never confuse faith that you will prevail in the end -- which you can never afford to loose -- with the discipline to confront the most brutal facts of your current reality, whatever they may be .."