Moderate action rod for big metal lips

Rate this topic

captahab416

Check out the new Tsunami SaltX 11' H. It is rated 1-5oz and handles the top end of that rating extremely well. The prototype I was fishing last season I threw all the usual large metal lips in my bag (JLH Maples, BillyD Deeps, and GRS slims) IT handled a giant JLH jointed donny which is around 6.5 oz and 11" better than I could have hoped. The rod has great recovery when punching into the wind. I'll have them at RISSA if you will be heading to that show. 

5 hours ago, captahab416 said:

Looking for a proper rod to throw heavier (3oz+) metal lips. Was between the century stealth 1266 and lamiglas gsb11ms. Certainly open to suggestions but wanted to hear others experiences and opinions with these rods for the given circumstances. 

Century S2 Stealth is an awesome rod.  Extremely versatile. 

2 hours ago, tfucini said:

Check out the new Tsunami SaltX 11' H. It is rated 1-5oz and handles the top end of that rating extremely well. The prototype I was fishing last season I threw all the usual large metal lips in my bag (JLH Maples, BillyD Deeps, and GRS slims) IT handled a giant JLH jointed donny which is around 6.5 oz and 11" better than I could have hoped. The rod has great recovery when punching into the wind. I'll have them at RISSA if you will be heading to that show. 

I like the price point. Would you say its a true moderate action 

I recommend you test fish a New Generation Century Stealth. It would be on my short list - when "Moderate" rod is what you are looking for. 

Tough overall to say what the best/proper choice is. So many good rods out there already mentioned and preference/use will play into this. I have reasons for recommending the new Stealth if it is in your budget. Light, Moderate Action, Parabolic Bend down to the end of the grip, amazing Tip, sensitivity you feel in the entire rod; strong exterior. I can't say that it is the best at everything. But I can say for me it is the best all around rod that has given me the most enjoyment when fishing in the surf / local beaches for bass. 

I'll reiterate...I don't think this rod would be appreciated fully on a test casting session alone. Fish it a few times. 

13 mins ago, Mbrody said:

I recommend you test fish a New Generation Century Stealth. It would be on my short list - when "Moderate" rod is what you are looking for. 

Tough overall to say what the best/proper choice is. So many good rods out there already mentioned and preference/use will play into this. I have reasons for recommending the new Stealth if it is in your budget. Light, Moderate Action, Parabolic Bend down to the end of the grip, amazing Tip, sensitivity you feel in the entire rod; strong exterior. I can't say that it is the best at everything. But I can say for me it is the best all around rod that has given me the most enjoyment when fishing in the surf / local beaches for bass. 

I'll reiterate...I don't think this rod would be appreciated fully on a test casting session alone. Fish it a few times. 

Yep another moderate rod would be the cts vapor trail. stealth and vapor trail are very close. I owned both at one point.but kept the vapor trail.

Edited by hystyk1921