JBreese1

The end of an era R.I.P. fat bastard

Rate this topic

37 posts in this topic

After a good run of being the king of the swamp our 15 Y.O. tom cat Fat Bastard passed this morning. He was the baddest cat we have ever had. He started out named squeeky when we first got him as a kitten because he was so vocal. It was apparent right away the name didn't fit. He got big fast 20 + Lbs. and was always an anti social douche so he became fat bastard. He had free roam of inside and out via a pet door and would only come in to eat, then right back out. He didn't like anyone but me. Whenever I would come home he would come out of the weeds for a quick scratching and then off he would go again. If anyone else tried to pet him, they risked loosing a limb.  He was our mighty hunter and would leave his mangled prized on our front sidewalk. We called it our killing field. One day I watched him walking backwards down the dirt road that runs along side our house and wondered, [What the hell is this cat doing]?  He was dragging home his latest conquest, A FULL SIZED POSSUM!! Most dogs wont mess with a possum. One afternoon we heard that horrible hissing/screeching sound cats make when fighting. When we got outside he was squared off with a small coyote. I guess he was smart enough to realize that if he ran it would grab him so he faced off instead.  About 8 months ago he developed a nasty eye infection. We took him to the vet and they couldn't save the eye. They told us what the surgery would cost and asked what we wanted to do? They were politely hinting about putting him down as opposed to an very expensive surgery. We opted for the surgery. When I brought him back for the follow up visit, he ripped up the vet and tec. They needed leather gloves to handle him. They commented that he did not like the vet to much.  I said to them [what do you expect, the first time he was here, you cut off his balls, The second time you took an eye] What do you expect? 

Jan 1st of this year he had a stroke and wobbled around unsteady with his head cocked to one side at a really bad angle. The vet again asked what we wanted to do. They said he could die at any time or live a little while longer. He was still eating and using a litter box inside, because we would not let him out anymore and was still purring when anyone would pet him. He bitched at us for about a week wanting to go out, but finally got accustomed to being a pampered inside cat. We knew he was failing when he became more affectionate and needy around us. He was loosing weight and just wanted to be by us all the time. He passed peacefully this morning curled up on a blanket in my wife's office while she worked.  The last pic is how he spent his last few nights sleeping right on our bed with us.

Jim

DSC_0172.JPG

fat2.jpg

fat3.jpg

36 mins ago, JBreese1 said:

After a good run of being the king of the swamp our 15 Y.O. tom cat Fat Bastard passed this morning. He was the baddest cat we have ever had. He started out named squeeky when we first got him as a kitten because he was so vocal. It was apparent right away the name didn't fit. He got big fast 20 + Lbs. and was always an anti social douche so he became fat bastard. He had free roam of inside and out via a pet door and would only come in to eat, then right back out. He didn't like anyone but me. Whenever I would come home he would come out of the weeds for a quick scratching and then off he would go again. If anyone else tried to pet him, they risked loosing a limb.  He was our mighty hunter and would leave his mangled prized on our front sidewalk. We called it our killing field. One day I watched him walking backwards down the dirt road that runs along side our house and wondered, [What the hell is this cat doing]?  He was dragging home his latest conquest, A FULL SIZED POSSUM!! Most dogs wont mess with a possum. One afternoon we heard that horrible hissing/screeching sound cats make when fighting. When we got outside he was squared off with a small coyote. I guess he was smart enough to realize that if he ran it would grab him so he faced off instead.  About 8 months ago he developed a nasty eye infection. We took him to the vet and they couldn't save the eye. They told us what the surgery would cost and asked what we wanted to do? They were politely hinting about putting him down as opposed to an very expensive surgery. We opted for the surgery. When I brought him back for the follow up visit, he ripped up the vet and tec. They needed leather gloves to handle him. They commented that he did not like the vet to much.  I said to them [what do you expect, the first time he was here, you cut off his balls, The second time you took an eye] What do you expect? 

Jan 1st of this year he had a stroke and wobbled around unsteady with his head cocked to one side at a really bad angle. The vet again asked what we wanted to do. They said he could die at any time or live a little while longer. He was still eating and using a litter box inside, because we would not let him out anymore and was still purring when anyone would pet him. He bitched at us for about a week wanting to go out, but finally got accustomed to being a pampered inside cat. We knew he was failing when he became more affectionate and needy around us. He was loosing weight and just wanted to be by us all the time. He passed peacefully this morning curled up on a blanket in my wife's office while she worked.  The last pic is how he spent his last few nights sleeping right on our bed with us.

Jim

DSC_0172.JPG

fat2.jpg

fat3.jpg

Our you still in the haunted HOUSE @Jbreese...???

He gave better than he got. Journey well Fat Bastard. I had the same cat when I was a teenager. He was an orange tabby who was about 18 lbs . His name was Shannon. He did whatever the **** he wanted to whoever he wanted to do it to. Once watched him walk down the sidewalk getting dive bombed by a pair of blue jays. He never flinched and kept walking as they got bolder and they were really pelting him when suddenly he sprung straight up and barrel rolled and while upside down he caught one and crushed its head, finished his roll, landed on his feet and spit the dead bird out and just kept walking . He had a lot of street cred . Went the same way too, from a beast that wouldn't let anybody but me touch him to a ball of love who would sleep with my sister. Died in his sleep. 

Sorry for your loss Jim

6 hours ago, Shaky said:

Sorry to hear about your cat Jim. 

Maybe be a drone is in order

This had me dyin :laugh:

sorry buddy, i had one looked and acted just like him, tigger, dogs would cross the street when they got to our yard,only two people could even touch him,  i could pet him a little but the neighbors kid could drag him around by the tail :squid:

RIP fat bastard, :(

1 hour ago, mike3dr said:

Thought you were talking about me in the title. Sorry for the loss.

for a second i thought we had lost tom :scared: